Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.87 Average
1.6 HDi power variants
Hi, new to this site so hope someone can help this seemingly simple question....Please!

How can I tell if a 2006 1.6 HDi (supposedly desire) is 75 or 92 hp model?

Having been trying to figure this out over the last month or so I have finally put a deposit on a supposed 92 hp model as above, (dealer verbally told me is was 92 hp) but when I arranged the 7 day free insurance with Citroen they had it on the database as a 75 model! How can I be sure please?

I test drove the vehicle and it went OK on a hilly dual carriageway, but I wouldn't want it to be less powerful and have no way of comparing it!

Thanks
(24-07-2012, 12:00 AM)BLINGO BOMBA Wrote:  Hi, new to this site so hope someone can help this seemingly simple question....Please!

Having been trying to figure this out over the last month or so I have finally put a deposit on a supposed 92 hp model as above, (dealer verbally told me is was 92 hp) but when I arranged the 7 day free insurance with Citroen they had it on the database as a 75 model! How can I be sure please?

I test drove the vehicle and it went OK on a hilly dual carriageway, but I wouldn't want it to be less powerful and have no way of comparing it!

Thanks

Hi there you could try citroen uk customer service for there advice or if you have the reg have a look on the dvla website at tax rates and co2 emissions. It has a database of all vehicles and ive used it a few times to check on vehicles.

Hi there you could try citroen uk customer service for there advice or if you have the reg have a look on the dvla website at tax rates and co2 emissions. It has a database of all vehicles and ive used it a few times to check on vehicles.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(24-07-2012, 06:36 AM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  
(24-07-2012, 12:00 AM)BLINGO BOMBA Wrote:  Hi, new to this site so hope someone can help this seemingly simple question....Please!

Thanks

Hi,
Ta for speedy reply, I gave DVLA website a try but they didn't give specific model details and both variants give the same co2 emissions, good call though!
I have tried various salesmen at Citroen dealerships but I will try Citroen customer service next as suggested.
Many thanks
Did they do a 90bhp model in that shape?
When I looked on line to insure mine, I imputed the vehicles registration into one of those insurance comparison sites, the insurance database knew it was the "Berlingo 600 hdi 75". I presume the 75 at the end is the bhp!
I have a 1.6 HDi 92bhp Berlingo. Almost all of the insurances website
vehicle databases say its a 75.
It is correctly shown in Section 4 of the V5, Line D3.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • 800HDI
(24-07-2012, 01:49 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  I have a 1.6 HDi 92bhp Berlingo. Almost all of the insurances website
vehicle databases say its a 75.
It is correctly shown in Section 4 of the V5, Line D3.
Now that's interesting, there is no mention of it's power output on my V5, in fact the only reason I think mine is a 75, is because what I seen on the insurance web site. And I haven't driven mine since i bought it a couple of months back so I don't really know what it feels like to drive - it did feel quite a bit more punchy than my 1.9d when I drove it home, however as my 1.9 has 150K on the clock and does not have a turbo, I would have expected it to feel more powerful.

keeping my fingers crossed I have a 90 (although i doubt it)
http://www.askmid.com/
Input your registration.
Mine comes up as Citroen Berlingo First Enterprise 75.
Which, unsurprisingly, is correct.
And it's insured.

You can be sneaky and check anyones car to see if it's insured.:whistle:
(Probably against the law and the Data Protection Act, so I've not told you.)
That site works for me too...:thumbsup:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(24-07-2012, 06:13 PM)j90xxx Wrote:  http://www.askmid.com/
Input your registration.
Mine comes up as Citroen Berlingo First Enterprise 75.
Which, unsurprisingly, is correct.
And it's insured.

You can be sneaky and check anyones car to see if it's insured.:whistle:
(Probably against the law and the Data Protection Act, so I've not told you.)

Thats interesting as I had a 'debate' with my insurers who told me mine was 112 BHP.
This site also reports it's 112
So where has the extra 2BHP come from?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.