Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
1998 Citroen Berlingo Wiring diagram that includes NSF Door lock
Can anyone help with wiring diagrams for the door locking circuits for a 1998 Berlingo with a 1.8l petrol engine and subsequent versions.

My problem is that I have been supplied with a new door lock by Citroen which they say is correct, but which in fact is not a direct replacement part (existing connector on loom incompatible with the new part). Citroen have supplied a new connector that is correct for the new lock, but cannot/will not provide information on which cable of the loom to crimp to which contact of the new connector.

NOTE: The wiring diagram in the Haynes Manual for Berlingo/Partner 1996 to 2005 does not help. They do not reflect the wiring in my Berlingo.
Awkward.
Could you not experiment with shunt wires pushed into the multiblocks.
A Multimeter would indicate continuity changes while operating the lock and also indicate live at the loom.
Some spare fuses would be handy.....
Thanks for your advice, but I'm VERY nervous of causing damage to some related electronic component (BSI).
The original connector has contacts (pins) 1,2,3 and 4, in one row with contacts 6 and 7 in second row.
The new connector has a single row of contacts numbered 1 to 6 inclusive.
The technician at Citroen said that he would connect the cable that is connected to contact 1 of the original connector to contact 1 of the new connector etc and then what was 6 to the new 5 and what was 7 to the new 6.
However, the original connector has two blue larger diameter cables that are connected to contacts:
- cable 312-6202 to contact 2
- cable 312-6212 to contact 7
The new connector has larger cable capacity holes for contacts 3 and 4.
Hence, the Technician's logic seems flawed.
Three of the remaining cables in the loom are smaller diameter with green insulation, but the cable identifications cannot be read.
The final cable has green and yellow insulation with the identification 312-M6202.
Duffers logic applied, the smaller wires would be signalling the larger for actuating.
The Green and yellow is earth/ground -this convention is still used in 2012 models.

BTW, I once tried a replacement radio cd in my MK2 -the iso connector was identical but unknown to me citroen had switched the wiring points .
Upon first use the dashboard and trip computer both went haywire,the radio went terminally pop and I got that awful cold sweaty panic you get when you realise you've seriously damaged your brand new van.
I quickly undid my doings and was amazed that normal service was instantly resumed, so it would appear the cars electricalonics are more robust than we give credit for.
However , I fully understand your apprehensionConfusedalut:
Sorry I cant help more.
Hi, if you PM me your Vin No. I'll see what I can dig out.
Also do you have the Part No. for the replacement part that you have been given? :thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
Ok,here you are. 6020 is the NS/F lock. as you can see it is the same as the OS/F except pin 6 is not used.
The part number of your new lock is correct (same as the old one) but I cannot find any info on the wiring adapters.
The original colours should be - P1 green 6293, P2 blue 6202, P3 green 6292, P4 green/yellow M6202 (earth) and P7 blue 6212.
If you are still not sure, a picture of the adapter cables might shed some light on the situation. I'm presuming you have to make it up yourself ??
Have you got a multimeter?
Let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

[Image: vy9p35.png]
Thanks Rustscrat, the wiring diagram is much more useful than the one in the Haynes manual that is obviously incorrect for my Berlingo.
Do you know the description of the unit that has the ident 82-- (on the wiring diagram that you supplied) to which is connected cable 3050 from Contact 6 the OSF door lock (Ident 6207)?

Contrary to the wiring diagram that you supplied there are six cables (not five) connected to the NSF door lock of my Berlingo. Regrettably, the cable idents on the green cables are not legible.
My multimeter shows a low resistance (6 ohms) between Contacts 2 and 7 of the original lock.
The cable to these contacts are:
- 312-6202 to Contact 2
- 312-6212 to contact 7.
The new lock has a fairly low resistance about 280 ohms between Contacts 3 and 5.
I had concluded that these were probably the contacts to the motor, and
I suspect that the difference in meter readings ( 6 ohms existing lock and 280 ohms new lock indicates a fault in the motor of the existing lock.
Contacts 1, 4 and 6 of the original lock have a very low resistance around 0.4 ohms.
Similar very low readings are obtained between Contacts 1,2 and 4 of the new lock.
There is open circuit between contact 3 and all other connectors of the original lock.
Similarly, there is an open circuit between contact 6 and all other contacts of the new lock.
I am now tempted, albeit with quite a bit of apprehension, to crimp attach the cables of the existing loom that were connected to Contacts:
1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 to the Contacts:
1, 3, 6, 4, 2 and 5 of the new connector.
The unit "82--" is the transponder / imobiliser unit which gets the signal from the drivers door lock. Your 6th wire on the original loom will probably go to pin 6 but this probably won't be connected at the other end.
The wire numbers should be printed all the way along the wires if you can strip them back. The small green wires are signals back to the control unit so if you get them the wrong way round the motor might try stay on. The larger wires are for the motor which looking at the diagram are separate from the others.
Give it a go like you said but if somethings strange don't keep the power on to long.Confusedillyme::thumbsup:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • Clicky