Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Multispace
Hi All

Finally replaced my 2002 Xsara Picasso 2.0HDI, on the second attempt, bought a 2009 C4 Picasso 1.6Hdi VTR+ which promptly died less than a week after I bought it, ECU failure Angry . Hey ho! Shopped around and found this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2012 Berlingo Multispace VTR 1.6HDI White
Nice looking motor glad to see you got it sorted enjoy you new toy. Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Peter Guy
(26-06-2016, 10:40 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Nice looking motor glad to see you got it sorted enjoy you new toy. Smile

Cheers Jed

Its great, in fact i much prefer it to the C4 Picasso, That thing was a nightmare Electric Handbrake was like russian roulette, sometimes it would release other times you would just stall.... Nightmare and that was just the start of the problems.
My musses has a Meriva with electric handbrake OK until you try to revers up hill it just let's go make's you look a fool or am i.
beat you to it ron. Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

The more electronics get put on vehicles for lazy people the more expensive repair bills get, it's ok when it's in warranty and is just irritating to me, but in years to come cars will be written off effectively because the handbrake broke or the dpf clogged... Madness why anyone would want to buy such a headache to get around if I'm honest (but then ten yrs looking after pugs does make me rather sour lol)

That's why I bought my partner b9 1.6hdi 75 bhp, no dpf, no dual mass, relatively simple to look after and not a headache!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dumdum for this post:
  • ron
(28-06-2016, 08:15 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  My musses has a Meriva with electric handbrake OK until you try to revers up hill it just let's go make's you look a fool or am i.
beat you to it ron. Wink
I would never accuse you of being a fool young man.But I would strongly suggest you fill the boot of your Meriva with fire extinguishers. Rolleyes
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(03-07-2016, 07:44 AM)dumdum Wrote:  The more electronics get put on vehicles for lazy people the more expensive repair bills get, it's ok when it's in warranty and is just irritating to me, but in years to come cars will be written off effectively because the handbrake broke or the dpf clogged... Madness why anyone would want to buy such a headache to get around if I'm honest (but then ten yrs looking after pugs does make me rather sour lol)

That's why I bought my partner b9 1.6hdi 75 bhp, no dpf, no dual mass, relatively simple to look after and not a headache!

This is very true, my Dad scrapped a Fiat a few years back, bodywork was A1, engine A1, low miles, 1 previous owner, bought dirt cheap ran for 3 years without a hitch then would not start at all, not firing, eventually narrowed it down to immobiliser fault in Ecu, un economical to repair... Sold for parts.
I predict in ten years time there won't be many cars from the last 5-10 yrs on the road due to prohibitive repair costs to keep em going, computers will mean less classics in years to come I'm afraid!