Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
215/55R16 93H Tyres
My Berlingo currently has 3 x Pirelli Cinturato P7's and 1 x Goodyear EfficientGrip tyres on the n/s back

The Pirelli's are nearly new but within the next 6000 miles the Goodyear will need to be changed

The Pirelli's and Goodyear's are about £110 each and both have a Roll Resistance of C and a Wet Grip of B

As you would expect from the ratings, these tyres are pretty good and the handling of the Berlingo is very good

I've seen 'Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance' tyres with ratings of 93V and 93W and RR of B and WG of A at £99

Has anybody tried any other makes of tyres that match or better the specifications of the originally fitted Goodyear's at a cheaper price

Any individual insight in to other good makes would be gratefully received and possibly save me some money as well
I would have thought get another Pirelli to match the other 3? Mine was fitted with Primacys from new but these were about £140 each so I replaced them with Avons at £93 each fitted. Now on 15k miles they seem to be wearing as well as the Michelins & no difference in grip. I got 33k miles out of original tyres by using all 5 & I replaced with 5 Avons.
try asda tyres for a keen price .
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
You normally find it cheaper trawling around the online suppliers. They deliver the tyres to a depot nr you & you get the fitted/balanced in normal way for the price you pay online. For example it was tyreshopper that was cheapest at the time for the Avons I got, but there is no definite cheapest, you need to explore all options at the time you want tyres.
Didn't get even 22,500 on our oem Primacys - rears wore out almost as quickly as fronts on a 2010 XTR. That with gentle driving that put 54mpg overall on the dial. Managed to get another full set of brand new Primacy's ( but a later model number) from ebay from a guy doing mobility conversions - will be looking forward to seeing how they do. I was however surprised how much wear I was getting on the rears.

Sums slightly more complicated now as we use winter tyres as required.
As commented above - the rears on our Berlingo are also wearing out as fast / faster than the fronts. Which is a novelty for a FWD vehicle!