Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[ 4, fl, 4, 0] please refer to relevant technical manual.
I recently bought a 2.0 HDI Berlingo 2005 with the motor management light on.
Checked the codes and solved the MAF error by replacing the air filter.
Still there is the pre and post heating relay error code which probably needs the glow plug relay to be replaced.
However, there is another code. When I reset the error codes, the engine has full power but falls back very soon when the following code occurs.

I can't find any info regarding this error code.

The ECU is a siemens one.

Anyone familiar with this error code?

Thanks,

Michael
Can you confirm the code please?

Have a look here:-
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...ions_P14XX
(04-01-2014, 09:33 PM)Coco Wrote:  Can you confirm the code please?

Have a look here:-
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...ions_P14XX

Thank you for your fast reply, but all that the error says is:
I don't recognise that code. What did you use to read it?
I need to check that as I borrowed it, but it was something like x421, if that says anything to you?
It doesn't give any P error codes either.
Suggest you put a lexia diagnostic on it. It should pin point it, without confusing P codes etc.
I am a bit further on the subject.

As amongst the mysterious error code in the title of this thread, I also had a glow plug heating error, I decided to change the glow plug relay as this seemed to be faulty as I did get 12V in, but not 12V out to the glow plugs. Now, the glow plugs do get power as I measured now 12V on the glow plugs, which, as said, wasn't the case before.
Also the mysterious error code has disappeared.

However, I still have the same glow plug related error ,after I first cleared the codes on the ECU of course: pre post heating relay circuit coherence. Also the glow plug warning light doesn't still come on on the dash board.

I checked auto data (software program for the PC) for the wiring, but it doesn't reflect the glow plug relay that is installed on my 2.0 hdi. The glow plug relay that initially was installed was a nagares BDL7-12 which I have replaced by a Cartier, both with the same part number: 9640469680, which are exchangeable. I think there is no glow plug relay timer installed on my Berlingo 2.0 HDI engine as I think it is controlled directly by the ECU itself. Not 100% sure if I am correct there.

So, now I am looking for a wiring diagram, so I can try to find out why the glow plug warning light doesn't come on and try to get rid of the glow plug error code. The motor management light did not come on, but still I could read the error code from the ECU.
The ECU can store an error code without triggering the EML.

The glow plug warning light (and thus the glow plug circuit) only operates at zero degrees and below.
(09-01-2014, 11:14 PM)Coco Wrote:  The ECU can store an error code without triggering the EML.
Yes, that's correct.

(09-01-2014, 11:14 PM)Coco Wrote:  The glow plug warning light (and thus the glow plug circuit) only operates at zero degrees and below.

If the glow plug circuit only operates below 0 degrees, how can it be that I measured 12V on the glowplugs after the engine started? I wasn't able to measure before starting as I was alone. Will check/measure and test again later today, but it looks like the ECU is still managing the glowplugs after cold start?

Still have this: "pre post heating relay circuit coherence" error
The glow plugs do only operate at low temps but I don't think it's as low as zero. My glow plug light has come on briefly a couple of times recently and it hasn't been that cold here.