Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A few engine codes...
Afternoon everyone,

trying to get the airbag light to go out and looking through my paperwork I found a printout from the garage when I bought the van 2 and a bit years ago.

Total Codes: 004

P0F40 : Van Network : Permanent Fault

P006F : Disarming of the passenger airbag : Permanent Fault

Now I don't have a passenger airbag, so that fault seems odd?

P0A50 : Supply Voltage : Intermittent Fault

The "supply voltage" fault, on looking on google, comes up with "Generator Position Sensor Circuit Overspeed". No idea on that.

P0063 : General Warning light : Intermittent Fault

HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 3

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0063.html#ixzz2AVpykDvv

Any help would be great, the last fault seems like its a sensor that needs replacing? anybody done this?

THanks

Alex
(27-10-2012, 03:13 PM)ST12AT Wrote:  Afternoon everyone,

trying to get the airbag light to go out and looking through my paperwork I found a printout from the garage when I bought the van 2 and a bit years ago.

Total Codes: 004

P0F40 : Van Network : Permanent Fault

P006F : Disarming of the passenger airbag : Permanent Fault

Now I don't have a passenger airbag, so that fault seems odd?

P0A50 : Supply Voltage : Intermittent Fault

The "supply voltage" fault, on looking on google, comes up with "Generator Position Sensor Circuit Overspeed". No idea on that.

P0063 : General Warning light : Intermittent Fault

HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 3

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0063.html#ixzz2AVpykDvv

Any help would be great, the last fault seems like its a sensor that needs replacing? anybody done this?

THanks

Alex

Is the last code for a lambada sensor, I replaced one on 02 berligo 1.4 ,(similar code description) citron wanted about £175.00 bought at motor factors for about £50. Just unscrewed like a spark plug.
Your codes don't correspond with numbers that I'm familiar with. But, your first two faults look like mine here:-

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...860&page=2
Thanks for the replies. Not sure if its the lambda sensor? Looking on google it seems to be more to do with the heater matrix?

Coco, looks very similar to yours (although I don't have a passenger airbag) all that bsi talk looks complicated! I'll check the wires tomorrow!
the lambda sensor has a heater built into it , thats to get it to warm up quickly and working sooner. Usually one before the Cat. and one after, they measure if your emissions are within limits.

from Wikipedia Confusedtudy:

"The sensors only work effectively when heated to approximately 316 °C (600 °F), so most newer lambda probes have heating elements encased in the ceramic that bring the ceramic tip up to temperature quickly. Older probes, without heating elements, would eventually be heated by the exhaust, but there is a time lag between when the engine is started and when the components in the exhaust system come to a thermal equilibrium. The length of time required for the exhaust gases to bring the probe to temperature depends on the temperature of the ambient air and the geometry of the exhaust system. Without a heater, the process may take several minutes. There are pollution problems that are attributed to this slow start-up process, including a similar problem with the working temperature of a catalytic converter.
The probe typically has four wires attached to it: two for the lambda output, and two for the heater power, although some automakers use a common ground for the sensor element and heaters, resulting in three wires. Earlier non-electrically-heated sensors had one or two wires.. "

This will be the heating cicuit it refers to. I think Confusedcratch:
Hmmm so new lambda sensor then?
Hi, you have a fault on your comms line some where, See Coco's link. :thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
(27-10-2012, 08:46 PM)ST12AT Wrote:  Hmmm so new lambda sensor then?

Maybe not , it is probally the circuit that powers the heating circuit.
After looking at coco's link I take it the comms line is just the cabling from the ecu/fuse box to the various devices? So I should try to trace the wiring from my passenger seat and check for nicks/kinks ok it?

Ok, what would be the circuit that provides power?

Thank you.
is it a diesel or petrol engine.?