Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 12 years another Berling!
We must be mad, but after owning our current Berlingo 12 years we're getting another on Friday!

Our old one was a 2ltr Mk2, the new (s/hand) one is a 1.6 90hp XTR. We did have some debate over getting an auto but in the end its another manual. After a short test drive its obviously a much nice car to drive even if it doesn't have the same solid lump of torque the old one has. The controls, clutch and steering are much lighter and I'm sure it's quieter too.

Here's to another decade of Berling ownership!
(07-03-2016, 07:17 PM)ebbo Wrote:  We must be mad, but after owning our current Berlingo 12 years we're getting another on Friday!

Our old one was a 2ltr Mk2, the new (s/hand) one is a 1.6 90hp XTR. We did have some debate over getting an auto but in the end its another manual. After a short test drive its obviously a much nice car to drive even if it doesn't have the same solid lump of torque the old one has. The controls, clutch and steering are much lighter and I'm sure it's quieter too.

Here's to another decade of Berling ownership!
I don't think your mad, you have good taste.We are on our fifth Berlingo we did buy a c3 Picasso in 2011 but as nice a car as it was i could not wait to trade it in for another Berlingo which we did in 2013.I hope you get a good un ebbo.
We did take a look at the C3 Picasso but thought it too small, you do get used to moving bicycles, washing machines ect without wondering if it will fit!

Yes, lets hope it's a good un!
I love my lingo but it's too small so am looking at getting a Dispatch Combi or the Crew van...

Totally great motors and so useful - wouldn't be without one or something just like it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recall when I changed my 2005 1.9 Berl. for a new XTR in 2009 it took me a while to love it. I liked the older model, I've always found the current model slightly too big. 7.5 yrs on it's still ok at 73k miles always serviced at Cit garage & very little trouble apart from normal servicing. I shall deffo get another Berl., but when I don't know. Current car is in remarkably good condition despite living outside with a monthly wash so it seems a shame to change it.

If I keep it another few yrs I shall get a big repair bill sooner or later & it will need a cambelt change at 10yrs. A good time to change might be before April next yr because that is when road tax changes & current Berl. will go from £30 to £140pa as will all cars registered after April 1st next yr.