Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
After Using dirty diesel knock from engine what is it??
Hey, i put in dirty diesel into my van by mistake and ever since my van has not been the same, i have 04 1.9 straight, since i put it in, the symptoms first started when my van started to heg, and spluttering trying to keep power, my engine noise went really bad as in a really bad diesel knock, van would start spluttering again and then it would sound normal, drive for a few miles then it would all happen again, i used dipetane in my fuel system, that helped the hegging and spluttering, but the diesel knock has not gone away, its a real loud knocking coming from the engine, any ideas on what would be the problem, i looked at my diesel filter that looks good as new..

any help appreciated
I would advise changing the filter anyway.Try putting some Millers in the tank.Let us know how you fare.:thumbsup: How dirty & how much did you put in?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
hey, thanks for reply, would Dipetane not do the same as of Millers??, il change the filter that only a couple of euro, am was green diesel, and about 20 litres of the s**t, i have put 40 euro white diesel on top of it since the bad diesel went in
I don't know of Dipetane or green diesel.Is it the equivalent of our red? I am asking to find out why the fuel was dirty.Confusedcratch:
im from ireland if that help Smile , dipetane is like a flush to put into the fuel system, green diesel is just used for tractors, (agri-diesel), think its like red but its green over here, the fuel was dirty because green diesel is dirty diesel and the only reason i used it as i ran out of diesel, i used some of that diesel as it was handy for my instead of going to petrol station filling up a gallon, as petrol station is about 10 or 11 miles from were i was that night.
I think your problem came from when you ran out of white and pulled all the crud from the bottom of the tank through the pipes in to the filter so a new filter plus a good long bleed it can take some time to get the crud out
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

ok fair point. but would that make the engine to change noise from normal to like a for transit for all sakes is the way to describe it, and when its all cleared will the tranny noise go away and be back to normal again??
(02-02-2014, 08:57 PM)AdamCorbett Wrote:  ok fair point. but would that make the engine to change noise from normal to like a for transit for all sakes is the way to describe it, and when its all cleared will the tranny noise go away and be back to normal again??

All i can say try it and see it should be ok
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I hate to say it but I agree with Jed.:thumbsup::whistle:
You may have ingested water so your tank needs a clean, given that. Best to change filter to reduce the amount of scum, gunk. and a fungus that grows on the inside of the tank that you can suck up. This can cause blocked injectors so explains the rough running.
If you ain't Cav you ain't