Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
Air Con and Fan
Hi Guys.

06 Multispace 1.6 HDi, 74,000 miles.

Had my air con re-gased as I thought it was not working. Thought it was low on gas and needed doing.

The problem I am now experiencing is that the Air compressor cuts in on fan speed 1 and 2 on both sides, but appears not to be blowing any air through the vents.

On fan speed 3 and 4 on both sides the fan blows lots of air through the vents but the air con compressor doesn't cut in..

Confusing I know... But any ideas anyone...

Many Thanks
(11-03-2012, 06:47 PM)Mr_T Wrote:  Hi Guys.

06 Multispace 1.6 HDi, 74,000 miles.

Had my air con re-gased as I thought it was not working. Thought it was low on gas and needed doing.

The problem I am now experiencing is that the Air compressor cuts in on fan speed 1 and 2 on both sides, but appears not to be blowing any air through the vents.

On fan speed 3 and 4 on both sides the fan blows lots of air through the vents but the air con compressor doesn't cut in..

Confusing I know... But any ideas anyone...

Many Thanks
Hi
Sorry I can't help but have a similar model with exactly the same problem did you manage to get yours fixed?

I've only had my berlingo for a couple of weeks and don't have any diagrams to hand but I would be inclined to look at the switch for the fan as a first port of call. Is there a separate feed to the compressor which should be on when the fan is on?
I read a lot about fan resistors and control, I don't think it is a connection problem as the air con comes on reliably when on 1 and 2 but the fan doesn't seem to work at all at that point
Wife is happier now its re gassed but will look at that area unless someone tells me otherwise
(28-03-2012, 05:41 AM)robo1968 Wrote:  I read a lot about fan resistors and control, I don't think it is a connection problem as the air con comes on reliably when on 1 and 2 but the fan doesn't seem to work at all at that point
Wife is happier now its re gassed but will look at that area unless someone tells me otherwise
I've found the logic diagram for the Air Con (it's on this site somewhere in the Manual) I'll try and send it to you in a PM. If not PM me and I'll send it in an email.

Malc
Hi All,

I have exactly the same problem:

Fan position 1, 2: Air con but no fan
Fan position 3, 4: Fan but no aircon

Any pointers on where to start with this one? I'm happy enough jump in and start digging but prefer some electric diagrams / dash assembly diagrams if they are around.

Any tips appreciated!

GB
Hi! I have the same problem, it did start with fanspeed 1,2 and cuts out on fanspeed 3,4. Anyone any idea please?
Thanks!
(27-05-2012, 01:16 PM)lozok78 Wrote:  Hi! I have the same problem, it did start with fanspeed 1,2 and cuts out on fanspeed 3,4. Anyone any idea please?
Thanks!

Hi Lozok78

I ended up mentioning this on my last service. I got the berlingo back with a new resistor pack carged to my bill and all was working. My French is no good so i kinda have to assume replacing the resistor pack did the trick. The lining and cabling over the front passenger feet was all messed up so they did something under there! Hope that helps.

GB
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to crontab for this post:
  • lozok78
I fixed mine myself but I wouldn't recommend the same method
While not cheap it was a permanent fix

I left the wife and her car!
You can buy new resisitor packs for these of ebay for about £15 and fit it to the fan yourself. It's not a difficult job and can be followed via the Haynes manual.

The resistor packs from Citroen are over £100 plus labour to fit.

The fault is a common one. Symptoms are the fan running at full speed or only at some speeds. I changed mine myself and it's worked perfect since.