Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 3.04 Average
Air filter removal 1.6HDi
Does anyone know how to do this ?

So far, I've removed the engine cover.

I've taken the pipe off from the turbo, released the jubilee clip at the other end, then removed this pipe.

I've removed the 3 8mm screws and lifted the adaptor out of the air box.

It's the other hose that won't budge, cold air in. I've removed the lower section easily. It's the upper bit that won't shift. I've released it from the ball joint on the engine, also unclipped a small hose at the rear.

I'm assuming it just pulls straight out of the air box now ? I'm reluctant to use too much force.

And then I assume the airbox then lifts straight out ?

Thanks in advance,

Richard
Richard

Silver 1.6 HDi XTR
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Richard Pitman for this post:
  • karl bowgen
I can't help you out on the removal as i am having the same issue,my problem is that i think i have the wrong air filter, do you have a part number or brand, the one i was supplied is a FRAM CA10963
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to karl bowgen for this post:
  • Richard Pitman
Hi Karl,

I'm sorry but I have no idea what the part number of the filter is at the moment. It will be useful to know when the times comes to replace it.

I want to remove the airbox so that I can get access to the connector on the end of the fuel rail.

This thread has some useful pictures, but I think they refer to the Mk2 rather than the Mk3.

http://www.djhweb.co.uk/partnerfuelairfilter.php
Richard

Silver 1.6 HDi XTR
Follow this link thanks to PK
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=448

Download the file unzip it and you are presented with a long list of MHTML Douments relevent to your engine.
If you Right Click with mouse on a MHTML document then select print document, it will open with microsoft word (if you have word installed).You can then save the file in word format.(word will save the file with the first few words of the document as the file name.)
I have attached the relevent section for you in PDF format as you need it now.

Attached Files
.pdf   BERLINGO (M59) - B1HGDZP0 - Removing - refitting Integrated air intake system.pdf (Size: 397.99 KB / Downloads: 169)
2003 Citroën Berlingo 2.0HDi Multispace Desire
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to BlueBlingo for this post:
  • boom, dellwood333, Richard Pitman, saddy1986
Thanks, that's very useful.

The piece I'm struggling with is 'Sleeve 4' in the .pdf. It just says 'remove', so I guess it does just pull off and I'm not pulling hard enough. I can't see a clip or bayonet mechanism.
Richard

Silver 1.6 HDi XTR
I was having a look the other day, wondering how to change the air filter. The PDF makes it look SO easy & obvious. (Except 2.1 - where is the connector 'a' on the diagram? Is it just me that can't see 'a')
I haven't tried taking anything apart, as I don't need to change the filter yet. But it looks far from straightforward. I can't see how the top of the air filter box is removed, it only having about an inch of clearance to the bulkhead. How does the primer pump unclip? Has anyone done it, and if so, any tips?

It seems a huge amount of fiddling to remove what is a consumable item - A bit like having to dismantle a dishwasher to add the rinse aid. The worst I had before was an old VW polo where I had to remove the spare wheel to get at the air filter.
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
had my filter changed yesterday to a k&n panel filter, only needs cleaning every 50,000 miles so saves about an hours labour every year, the pipes at the front just pulled out with a wiggle, on the right hand side pipe after youve pulled it off you will see and oval conector, there is a screw hidden underneath, there is also another 2 or 3 screws (allen type head) on the main filter housing that needed removing, you will also need to unbolt brake fluid housing from the bulkhead and remove the sound deadening material, the mechanic needed to use long flexi drive scrfew driver type things to get to the screws tucked away, looked a right pain in the arse job
I just oil mine occasionaly. :thumbsup:

[Image: 346m1rb.jpg]
Cool
(27-08-2011, 10:37 PM)BlueBlingo Wrote:  Follow this link thanks to PK
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=448

Download the file unzip it and you are presented with a long list of MHTML Douments relevent to your engine.
If you Right Click with mouse on a MHTML document then select print document, it will open with microsoft word (if you have word installed).You can then save the file in word format.(word will save the file with the first few words of the document as the file name.)
I have attached the relevent section for you in PDF format as you need it now.

great jobCool
My filter box is loose and rattling like a good 'un at the moment, but until the weather warms up a bit I don't fancy working outdoors.
But what a pig of a design! Whatever happened to removing one wing-nut to get your filter out? Ah! I know! It's called 'Progress'!
I like the look of j90xxx's solution. K&N seem to offer something very similar - http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/produc...od=57-0662 but at 167 beer tokens it looks like I'll have to settle for skinning my knuckles for a while yet. :S
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey