Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.08 Average
Airbag light
If it will get so far as booting up, allowing you to select the model and then prompting you to plug in the connector and turn on the ignition - you'd suspect the car's socket.

Are any of the Lexia owners on French Car Forum, near you? That could be another plan.
(27-01-2013, 08:01 AM)addo Wrote:  If it will get so far as booting up, allowing you to select the model and then prompting you to plug in the connector and turn on the ignition - you'd suspect the car's socket.

Are any of the Lexia owners on French Car Forum, near you? That could be another plan.
Have spent most of weekend trying to get this Lexia (strictly Diagbox - includes Lexia and P Planet) to work. Admittedly the first install was on a Vista PC! Duh! But that activated, but I don't think there was communication between the PC and dongle.

Can the dongle operate from USB power alone? i.e. it doesn't take the power from the OBD socket?

Finally tried to use XP Mode on Win7. But as mine is Win 7 Home Edition not Professional, it isn't straight forward. Got to point where DiagBox loads and activates (XP Mode dog slow!). But there is a problem with the driver for the dongle, so still no comms between PC and dongle.

As time was running out, I decided to swop the Com2000 over. Did this, and airbag lights still on. Arrrgh. Anyway, had enough of looking at PCs, so that's it for now. Will let it go in for MOT anyway.
The dongle is - as I understand it - powered off the computer in these instances.

You can't install on XP simulation setups - many have gone before, without success.
Mine was Lexia & PP - NOT Diagbox, but in any event no internet connection was necessary or used. In fact I thought that if it had an internet connection all sorts of problems could have landed at my door if it did connect to the main PSA computer which in turn recognised that I had a Chinese hooky copy.
It just locks up, and you have to uninstall, then reinstall.

Oddly enough, I remember reading that the software was actually cracked by a European fellow for non-profit sharing - it just took the Chinese suppliers to engage in wholesale copying.
Well Bingo went in for MOT, Monday. Was convinced it would fail on airbag light and possibly main beam (due to Com2000 change). It did fail, but on one stop light not working! I did a quick check on the lights Sunday night, but didn't check the brake lights! Airbag light advisary only.

So good news, I have more time to sort this problem out. Looks like not all MOT testers are failing for faulty dash lights. Incidentally, Kwik Fit did the MOT. Have used local one for a number of years now. Last year they fixed a tyre that had a nail in, free of charge. On their fail sheet for this MOT, it clearly says if you bring car back within 24 hours, the partial retest is free (for faulty brake light). Have looked at Gov website and it says same for minor failures. Anyway, when missus took car in today, they tried to charge her £17.50 for retest. Obviously she showed them the fail sheet. The bloke said we need to remove that paragragh! Got it FOC.

Might be a little while before I can look at motor again, need to visit sick relative at weekend. But will be back in due course. Thanks for help so far.
(29-01-2013, 09:02 PM)Modmytop Wrote:  Well Bingo went in for MOT, Monday. Was convinced it would fail on airbag light and possibly main beam (due to Com2000 change). It did fail, but on one stop light not working! I did a quick check on the lights Sunday night, but didn't check the brake lights! Airbag light advisary only.

So good news, I have more time to sort this problem out. Looks like not all MOT testers are failing for faulty dash lights. Incidentally, Kwik Fit did the MOT. Have used local one for a number of years now. Last year they fixed a tyre that had a nail in, free of charge. On their fail sheet for this MOT, it clearly says if you bring car back within 24 hours, the partial retest is free (for faulty brake light). Have looked at Gov website and it says same for minor failures. Anyway, when missus took car in today, they tried to charge her £17.50 for retest. Obviously she showed them the fail sheet. The bloke said we need to remove that paragragh! Got it FOC.

Might be a little while before I can look at motor again, need to visit sick relative at weekend. But will be back in due course. Thanks for help so far.
Had a bit of a problem driving up to London Friday. See
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4802 (Crank pulley woes).
Hi all,

finally got my Lexia working. Gave up with XP Mode under Win7. Tried VMWare instead. Loaded copy of XP I had and voila!. Runs so much faster than XP Mode.
Anyway used Lexia on Bingo, and faults shown in BSI and Radio. Airbag and switch module (Com2000) showing question mark, presumably due to comms problem.

BSI fault: Permanent fault on the DATAB wire with the engine relay unit.
Radio fault: Permanent fault of radio aerial input.

Further interrogation of airbag system showed:
"ECU not recognised"
But when you go further, you get the details of the airbag system, so it looks like comms to Airbag Control Unit is working.
Further probing reveals:
Airbag - Permanent fault, ECU internal (VAN interface). Not defined.
Code 1F40
Also
Permanent fault. Passenger airbag deactivation. Not defined
Code 106F.

It's a bit cold and wet out there at the moment. When I get a chance, I will buzz out the DATAB line as described in Rustcrat's post.
Hoping it isn't a broken wire, as seen in Coco's thread.

When I had the lexia on the car, I stumbled across a menu which allowed viewing of info on BSI layout etc. Can't seem to access same off car. Does anyone know how to access this sort of data when not connected to car? Also managed to save some data within lexia. Can get to it off line (i.e. Lexia connected to PC, but no connection to car).
But can't seem to save to text file. Can't copy and paste either. Anyone know how to export data from Lexia?
You can't do everything with the lexia as I've found out also but at least your on the road to finding the Comms fault. Check where Coco's had gone through. Check all 9012 + 9013 lines for continuity and shorts to earth. Don't forget to disconnect at both ends before testing. Fingers crossed you'll find it but if all ok then it could be the Bsi. (like mine and many others). :brickwall:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
(09-02-2013, 05:55 PM)Rustscrat Wrote:  You can't do everything with the lexia as I've found out also but at least your on the road to finding the Comms fault. Check where Coco's had gone through. Check all 9012 + 9013 lines for continuity and shorts to earth. Don't forget to disconnect at both ends before testing. Fingers crossed you'll find it but if all ok then it could be the Bsi. (like mine and many others). :brickwall:
Thanks again Rustscrat. Just waiting for a break in the weather. Will report what I find.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Modmytop for this post:
  • Rustscrat