Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
All my passengers struggle to close the rear sliding doors.
My girlfriend and I can operate them without fault, but there must be a knack because EVERY time we give someone a lift they can't close the doors, one of us has to get out the car and do it for them... With ease.

This leads me to believe that there must be something wrong, they can't have been like this in the dealership, it would have put a lot of people off.

I have greased the runners but this isn't really the problem because once the catch is realised the doors slide wonderfully and close great. It's something to do with the release mechanism. Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Presume this is a mk2??? Yes, there is a knack.....

When the slide doors are opened fully they latch open. To release, push the door further to the rear whilst pulling the handle forward (outside) or pressing the door catch if sitting in rear. We have the same probs with mother-in-law who is 83 and can't quite suss it!!
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Having looked closer I have adjusted the mechanism so that it pulls the hook further away from the catch, it was only clearing it by a few millimetres previously. I have also filed away the tip on the point on the hook. It seems to have made all the difference. Only time will tell.
I write a blog about all my handmade creations.
Click HERE to check it out.
I have the opposite problem in that people don't seem to be able to let themselves out.
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
I have resorted to telling people to lean back out and use the outer handle to close the sliding doors as many do seem to struggle with the inside black button handle easy to open with this but seems people struggle to shut door backove with it Confusedillyme:
On the few occasions that I have sat in the back I have no probs with the door now I've mastered it. The problem I have is that whichever side one decides to get out, the foot on the innermost leg always seems to get stuck behind the door pillar for some reason best known to Citroen.... Maybe I am just a big awkward sod...
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Hi, yep had the same thing with passengers, they unable to close sliding doors, I got out pointed out the catch at the bottom of the door, explained everything, total waste of time! So I lean over and do it anyway.
2012 1.6 HDi VTR RedSmile
(15-01-2012, 07:04 PM)Mike Wrote:  I have the opposite problem in that people don't seem to be able to let themselves out.

Me too,
I got used to do that myself from the driver seat
or tell them to pull it strong, very strong.
(15-01-2012, 09:14 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  On the few occasions that I have sat in the back I have no probs with the door now I've mastered it. The problem I have is that whichever side one decides to get out, the foot on the innermost leg always seems to get stuck behind the door pillar for some reason best known to Citroen.... Maybe I am just a big awkward sod...

No I don't think so , my passengers have the same problem and they are not big or awkward Wink
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to talos for this post:
  • andy-womble
I have the problem they can't open the door from the inside and can't open the door from the outside without attempting to push it off the rail.
I don't think its the berlingo!!!
Its the people ...faulty design
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ifred for this post:
  • ron