Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aren't Dealers Funny?
Found an XTR that is almost perfect spec, no modutop and no privacy glass.  The former seems a bit like rocking horse poo though, so I will have to live with that.  The glass can be lived with.  I find one, but it's 650 miles away.  Here is how the conversation went: -

EMAIL
Me: I am interested in the 12 plate XTR you have in stock VRN - XX12 XXX (not the real number).  Can you deliver it to Aberdeen please?
Them: No response

PHONE
Me: I sent you an email with one question in it yesterday but have not received a response.  I am interested in the 12 plate XTR you have in stock VRN - XX12 XXX (not the real number).  Can you deliver it to Aberdeen please?
Them:  No, we don't deliver
Me:  OK.  I am up in Shetland, in case you don't know where that is, it is 200 miles north of Aberdeen, which means that I will either have to get a ferry to Aberdeen and a train to Bournemouth or get a flight from Shetland to Southampton, the 650 miles to your showroom.  In light of that can I put a holding deposit on the car?
Them:  No, we don't accept holding deposits.  You will need to tell us when you have booked travel here and we can take it from there.
Me:  OK.

I go off to look at the cost of flights.  My other half wants to come with me and make this into a touring holiday, visiting interesting places on the long drive back.  It was a Saturday.  Two single flights on Monday from Shetland to Southampton (via EDI) is between £960 and £1,380.  Suddenly the price on the XTR with only 12,000 miles on the clock seems less of a bargain.

Am I imagining the days that dealers used to bend over backwards to shift stock from their forecourts, or is it that they just can't be bothered with purchases that are not completely straightforward?

Andy
Shetland
I can understand the frustration, but it wouldn't be cheap for the dealer to get it from Bournemouth to Aberdeen, they would also need to have a mark up on the costs. Maybe you need to seperate the 'holiday' cost from the car purchase price?

The XTRs sell well, so they won't have a problem selling it to someone else
I would have expected to pay for it to be delivered. I doubt that it would have been £960 though! You're right of course about considering the holiday costs as separate. Having looked this morning it turns out that the car has sold, so perhaps there was someone already interested in it and they weren't trying to be difficult at all! Good job I didn't book the flights!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to templogin for this post:
  • Ady.b
Ring Citroen UK ask them what they have and have it shipped by them - dont bother with a dealer just go straight to Citroen.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • templogin
Maybe you have already searched the citroen website, but in case not, you might find something suitable there:
http://www.usedcars.citroen.co.uk/get-cars.aspx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Solent for this post:
  • templogin
Maybe i'm lucky i found one of those hen teeth XTR modutop privacy glass opening rear window in the tailgate  parking sensor's cruse control auto wiper's auto light's 110 bhp 35'000 mile's full main dealer service history you want to buy it. Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Having bought 2 Berlingos from different dealers I would suggest that Citroen either trains or culls some of them.If I didn't specifically want Berlingos I wouldn't go within a mile of them.The only plus was that I got very good discounts. Sad
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(28-04-2016, 03:24 PM)polar Wrote:  Ring Citroen UK ask them what they have and have it shipped by them - dont bother with a dealer just go straight to Citroen.

Thanks a lot Polar.  I didn't know that this was possible.  I will look them up on Google.

Andy
0800 023 4000 or marketing@citroenconnect.co.uk
CITROËN FINANCE
0845 086 7070