Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Back doors
Had a mk2 for 8yrs right hand back door opens first left hand opens after . mk3 opposite way round just been to the tip closed left hand door first went to close right hand door lock hit paint work small dint a bit miffed as van is 2 week old . Just force of habbit will have to get my sign guy to cover it up .By the way it has a small pice of rubber to stop damage.It does not work .
Done that too!
They've changed the design of the back door latches since the 2010 model and that caught me out
The pineapple chunk of rubber only works at close-quarters.It was the chrome thing that did the deed but they cant shield that as it has to click into the latch.
A plastic clip on door edge protector on the left hand door is the only way round I can see

[Image: 4lg288.jpg]
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(15-04-2012, 04:05 PM)evdama Wrote:  Done that too!
They've changed the design of the back door latches since the 2010 model and that caught me out
The pineapple chunk of rubber only works at close-quarters.It was the chrome thing that did the deed but they cant shield that as it has to click into the latch.
A plastic clip on door edge protector on the left hand door is the only way round I can see

[Image: 4lg288.jpg]

I know its only a small dint but i realy try to keep my van clean .Ihad 4 people after my old one sold it to the garage thet services it .
(15-04-2012, 03:39 PM)barrymanifold Wrote:  Had a mk2 for 8yrs right hand back door opens first left hand opens after . mk3 opposite way round just been to the tip closed left hand door first went to close right hand door lock hit paint work small dint a bit miffed as van is 2 week old . Just force of habbit will have to get my sign guy to cover it up .By the way it has a small pice of rubber to stop damage.It does not work .
If the paints not damaged it should be easy to get a paintless repair done by one of the smart repairers.

Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
think I`m being dumb here guys.....what do you meann, left first , opp on mk 3....I can open any door any time, any sequence....doesnt matter......what am I missing in this thread? please explain. If I
am in back I can get out either side, dont have to wait for one door to open before other....
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(16-04-2012, 06:51 AM)pch Wrote:  think I`m being dumb here guys.....what do you meann, left first , opp on mk 3....I can open any door any time, any sequence....doesnt matter......what am I missing in this thread? please explain. If I
am in back I can get out either side, dont have to wait for one door to open before other....
Its a van thing,pch.
The rear doors (not sidedoors) can only open in sequence.The problem with MK3 is if you close them out of sequence -or the wind catches them - the small offside door catch will clobber the nearside door and you will be sadSad

[Image: 156p9bl.jpg]

It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
cheers, thanks for wxplaining.....thick or what....sorry guys
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny: