Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in Berlingo Land
Hello Folks,Im back in the land of confusion once again Smile
Assome of you are aware I have had to have some surgery done to my stomach...this is now done and Im back on the mend and healing ok...The "Boss" hid my workshop keys so I wouldnt try to work on "Old Smokie"...She has now let me have them back on the understanding that I only try to do little jobs Angel ....so the first job is the rear door handle and lock...I have the little clip that is broken so should be pretty simple,
Just thought I would let you guys know that I hadnt left the forum,
Regards,
Steve...
Welcome back Steve.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post:
  • steve johnson
I hope you're mending well.If the "Boss" was that concerned,she would have done the work for you. Rolleyes Just  a thought. Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • steve johnson
Hope all's well good to have you back the boss as got a lot to answer for but there not all bad . Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • steve johnson
Hi Steve welcome back glad your on the mend.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • steve johnson
Thank you chaps...the "Boss" is only 5ft 1in and is about 8st...with boots on....she looks all little and shy...but its a front...she is a little demon when she starts...lol...and she honestly took away my workshop keys..she had them in her bag and took them to work with her...no way was I being allowed near any tools of any kind, Its raining here today so the van rear door is on hold so Im going to go into the shop and clean all my tools...not that they need it as I clean them after each use.....I think I just need to re-connect with them...ha ha ha...the heating is on...kettle filled and a brew kit in place...Radio tuned in to a mellow chanel....I dont need to come back up to the house for hours now....bliss...pure bliss ;-)
Regards,
Steve
Well thats the rear door lock sorted now...the weather was nice today so I thought its time to "Tinker"...I found it rather easy..but fiddely...I had a problem with one torx bolt...it just rounded off so I tapped in the next size up and out it came with steady pressure...the thing I found most awkward was dressing the new rivet..I needed four hands...but with a little bodging I managed to do it ok...hope Ive not over dressed it as it seemed a bit smaller in the shank than the original one...after I put everything back together I copper greased the bolts...just in case !! I dont think that the locking mechanism is very robust at all in these vans...seems a little flimsy...but thats just my personal opinion...wonder what the Boss will alow me to attack next Angel ;
Regards,
Steve...