Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.76 Average
Berlinglow!
Merry Christmas!
Thought I had better get a photo up of my Berlingo:
[Image: 4rqk4i.jpg]
Its the 1.9 Forte with 30mm lowering springs, running 1.9 Gti Pepperpots with 195 60 15 tyres which make the can side of the speedo spot on. (Can speed I get off my Scangauge 2, The speedo still overreads as they do on all cars!!)
I am now going to go back to introductions and say hello and list all my mods!! :wave:

Al
Electrovito, welcome to the site and a very merry Christmas to you.

Your Berlingo reminds me of a 306, think it's the colour and the alloys, can't think why else.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

hi electrovito, was thinking about lowering my berlingo but was wondering, if I was to lower it by the same 30mm that you have a: do your front tyres now wear unevenly? (they did on my honda civic 1.6 vtec after lowering)
b: how do you go about lowering the rear? ive heard something about the torsion bar, what does the job enatail?

cheers (mine is a 1.9 600 x y reg)
(06-02-2012, 09:22 AM)denlingo Wrote:  hi electrovito, was thinking about lowering my berlingo but was wondering, if I was to lower it by the same 30mm that you have a: do your front tyres now wear unevenly? (they did on my honda civic 1.6 vtec after lowering)
b: how do you go about lowering the rear? ive heard something about the torsion bar, what does the job enatail?

cheers (mine is a 1.9 600 x y reg)

Hi ya.
I think the fronts will wear unevenly as I am afraid its the nature of the beast with regards lowering!
I have done 5000 miles since and have not noticed any substantial wear but all I do is wizz up and down from Suffolk to Kent with mine each week, which does not have loads of bends!!

The rear torsion bar is the sort of job I would never recommend unless you have:
A. A ramp
B. Patience
C. A spare car to get to work if you only manage one side and have to give up till next weekend!!!!!!

I googled saxo torsion lowering and it is fairly similar.
I have lowered Beetles and such like in the past and have found that unlike the Beetles where the torsion bar is in the center of the pivot, the French use an off center method which bends and twists the bar.....

I will have a look for the diagrams I found in a mo and post them up.

All in all if you want to go for it, be warned it's not something you can put back to standard without taking more of it to bits! Namely the anti roll bar, I think if my misses wants It back to standard I may be buying a whole rear beam just to save me time and seized antiroll bar frustration!!
Al
Here you go:
http://www.suzukituning.com/PSA/Suspension/Lowering.htm

Please take time to read through this guide, pop the rear wheels off your car, identify both the torsion bars, squirt loads of WD40 / Duck oil type stuff in BOTH ends of BOTH torsion bars, put wheels back on, take partner out for the weekend as you are not going to see them next weekend as you will be lowering your car!!!
It can be bad, I would rather warn you than make out it's easy.

Al
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to electrovito for this post:
  • Aussie Berlingo, denlingo
thanks mate, I will have a read through later, gotta brave the cold and snow right now and go to work lol. Cheers
hmm, Ill have to ask my mate if he'll give me a hand doing all that, hes got a workshop and might be up for it for a few beers as payment!
(07-02-2012, 06:39 PM)denlingo Wrote:  hmm, Ill have to ask my mate if he'll give me a hand doing all that, hes got a workshop and might be up for it for a few beers as payment!

Cool!
Good luck!!