Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo gear linkage problem
Hi everyone , 
I am totally new to this forum. I have a 2004 Berlingo Multispace. The gear linkage has detached itself and the vehicle is stuck in gear. My question is how to get the end of the selector arm back onto what appears to be a ball joint. On the attached diagram I need to get the end of arm 1 onto the ball. Does the vehicle need to be in neutral? If so how can I achieve this and get  the arm back working again. This would be temporary as I intend to get the assembly replaced asap. I just need to be able to move the vehicle to a garage. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve.

Attached Files
.pdf   Gear Diagram.pdf (Size: 152.73 KB / Downloads: 4)
(08-01-2017, 01:59 PM)steveonwirral Wrote:  Hi everyone , 
I am totally new to this forum. I have a 2004 Berlingo Multispace. The gear linkage has detached itself and the vehicle is stuck in gear. My question is how to get the end of the selector arm back onto what appears to be a ball joint. On the attached diagram I need to get the end of arm 1 onto the ball. Does the vehicle need to be in neutral? If so how can I achieve this and get  the arm back working again. This would be temporary as I intend to get the assembly replaced asap. I just need to be able to move the vehicle to a garage. Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve.

Its ok. problem sorted. I needed an assistant to depress the clutch so that I could then free move the components and join them back together again. Next stop is to get the parts replaced.

thanks.
Was it easy enough to do in the end ?
(08-01-2017, 05:50 PM)Silverberlingo Wrote:  Was it easy enough to do in the end ?

Yes, I just had to have the clutch depressed so that I could move the parts freely. However I will get a garage to replace the faulty parts. Thanks.