Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Wheel alignment £29
Wink 
Halfords autocentres are doing a nice deal on wheel alignment
£29 if booked online
Click via quidco and its another £1.45 back

http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/wheelalignment

They are also doing free clutch check, cambelt check &brake check. Days work. Mine is booked in for all this, the tracking is way off & worried about cambelt.

I got some nearly new pirellis fitted this weekend for £35 at the front and don't want them wearing in the wrong spot.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Egon Krenz for this post:
  • taxi
Don't take it the wrong way, but .....
I'm always sceptical of such things as in my eye they are ways of touting trade and are methods employed to empty your wallet when no actual work is required.
You mention that all of this is a " days work " ...... Who is going to pay the employee who looks at your car ?
I don't have any issue with Halfords as I never go there to spend money - too expensive by half.
Is your clutch working yes or no .... simples
What mileage has your car done ? this will tell you if the cam belt needs doing.. simples
Brakes ? You get a free inspection without bias as part of the mot.

Do let us know the outcome of your vehicles inspection.

Fancy paying £15 ??? Try here .. http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers...nment.aspx
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to geoff for this post:
  • Egon Krenz
That's a good deal. Shame you didn't post it when it came to your attention, as I would have gone there instead.

Edit... Because it was booked online I am able to get a full refund from Halfordsautocentre and now going to national, thanks Geoff you just saved me £14.

(10-02-2013, 01:43 PM)geoff Wrote:  Don't take it the wrong way, but .....
I'm always sceptical of such things as in my eye they are ways of touting trade and are methods employed to empty your wallet when no actual work is required.
You mention that all of this is a " days work " ...... Who is going to pay the employee who looks at your car ?
I don't have any issue with Halfords as I never go there to spend money - too expensive by half.
What mileage has your car done ? this will tell you if the cam belt needs doing.. simples
Brakes ? You get a free inspection without bias as part of the mot.

Fancy paying £15 ??? Try here .. http://www.national.co.uk/special-offers...nment.aspx
I don't understand your reply ?

It only came to my attention after reading your posting and having considered it to be a bit on the expensive side I replied promptly with an alternative costing. edit .... costing looked for after reading your post and not prior knowledge !

You posted at 13:16 hrs today and I replied at 13:43 hrs today so I would say that was pretty much immediate.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(10-02-2013, 01:56 PM)geoff Wrote:  I don't understand your reply ?

It only came to my attention after reading your posting and having considered it to be a bit on the expensive side I replied promptly with an alternative costing. edit .... costing looked for after reading your post and not prior knowledge !

You posted at 13:16 hrs today and I replied at 13:43 hrs today so I would say that was pretty much immediate.

I'm off to national now to get it done, thanks again
(10-02-2013, 01:43 PM)geoff Wrote:  Don't take it the wrong way, but .....
Brakes LR? You get a free inspection without bias as part of the mot.

Halfords autocentres are pretty good, they're a lot cheaper than anywhere else for exhausts.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.