Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo service
Hi folks,

Newbie here and no experience of vehicle servicing.

What work exactly should be done when paying for a service.

What is the standard price.

How should I source a garage to trust.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help!
Hello Burt and welcome. The services to be carried out can be found in your car's service manual along with the mileage at which they are to be performed. I don't know if there is a "standard" price. Usually as much as the market will bear. The garage should have experience with PSA autos. A main dealer should be a safe option although not the least expensive. Ask friends.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Hi

Have a look at :-

http://info.citroen.co.uk/servicing-offe...640#sticky
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Yes, I find best reasonably priced servicing is a my local Citroen garage.
Thank you folks. Very kind and helpful.

I'm a little paranoid about cam belts as I hear they need to be replaced/checked regularly and my stepson's Peugeot Partner had to be virtually scrapped before xmas due to a knackered cam.

I know nothing of these things and am a driver with little kowledge of the mechanics.

Will the cam be checked/replaced in a full service (I see no mention of it on the Citroen service link kindly posted above)?
Unfortunately no the can belt will not be changed at one of those services. I believe the cost of a belt change is around £400!
Is it worth having it changed, YES I believe so if your mileage warrants it, if only for peace of mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
What Berlingo model do you have? Cambelt replacement is at various fixed mileage or time intervals(ie whatever comes first). On the current 1.6hdi the interval is 160k miles or 10yrs. Older 1.9d is 80k miles/8yrs & petrol engines at 70k/7yrs, I think. Some may think they need replacing shorter intervals than that but my opinion is that provided car has normal use & service at all times as Citroen schedule then those intervals are what maker recommends so ok.

I would also say that if car has full service history from Cit garage & cambelt fails before change interval then you have legal recourse to recompense from Citroen & I would certainly push for it. It is advisable also to replace waterpump along with cambelt. You should have service book with your car that states the work carried out at services & the mileage interval.
(05-01-2016, 10:46 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  What Berlingo model do you have? Cambelt replacement is at various fixed mileage or time intervals(ie whatever comes first). On the current 1.6hdi the interval is 160k miles or 10yrs. Older 1.9d is 80k miles/8yrs & petrol engines at 70k/7yrs, I think. Some may think they need replacing shorter intervals than that but my opinion is that provided car has normal use & service at all times as Citroen schedule then those intervals are what maker recommends so ok.

I would also say that if car has full service history from Cit garage & cambelt fails before change interval then you have legal recourse to recompense from Citroen & I would certainly push for it. It is advisable also to replace waterpump along with cambelt.  You should have service book with your car that states the work carried out at services & the mileage interval.

Much appreciated Sauce. I'll check the manual after work!
hi. mines a 1.6hdi 2008 new shape........i would check with citroen, some have more than one belt...........up too three. if u count the metal timing cam chain............