Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Head Unit with Moon-on-a-stick requirements
Afternoon,

Been very happy with the Partner (the car, not my actual partner - although at times I suspect the Thread topic could relate to her as well!!!) but have now decided I'd like to upgrade a few things.

I would like -

Cruise Control (got a cruise control stalk but the Peugeot garage refuses to fit it as they are only allowed to fit the stalk with cruise only, the one I have has speed limiter and cruise - so I need to get round to finding an auto-electric place that can do it)
Rear view camera (primarily so the bike rack and bikes can be checked by a passenger when driving along, but also to be used when rack is on to ensure I don't ding a wall/car/etc. as the parking sensors are deactivated when the rack is on).

New radio with some bits -

Double Din
Touchscreen
DAB
Input for camera (so it will activate when in reverse, or as an Aux input so the rear of the car can be viewed whilst moving (not by me))
USB port on front of device so I don't need to cut any holes to mount a USB slot in the car
Either Android Auto/Apple CarPlay or GPS + Sat Nav (of some sort - ideally not a bespoke system to I can update the routing data it holds) as well as improved bluetooth/mobile connectivity so I can quickly navigate through my contacts - I'm not needing to read texts (would be nice but as I do that when parked up I can use the phone)

And all that as well as making sure I can adjust the centre console clock and other settings via the steering column control.

The real moon-on-a-stick piece is that I'm not looking to spend a huge amount of money, so the cheaper the better. I'm guessing Android Auto/Apple CarPlay might be a better solution as it will use my phone's GPS and Google Maps for navigation - but having it not using my phone will save a shed load of cost in terms of data when I go to Europe, but I'll need ot make sure I have mapping installed that can deal with all that.

I've seen a few Chinese radios offering Android, but I'm seriously skeptical about them...they also do them with cameras, which sounds ideal - but given my experience of buying direct from China, I'm not really expecting the head unit or the accessories (camera/GPS unit and DAB antenna) to actually work longer than the time it takes me to put the key in the ignition and turn it on.

So any tips/directions would be appreciated...it is very much in the research stages just now, so need to find out all I can.

Thanks.
Having just finished watching Life of Brian, I thought Brian would be too serious a username for myself!

2014 Peugeot Partner Tepee Outdoor 115bhp
If you have android phone, you can download maps.me Click to you phone and pick any country you like to store nav maps or just areas you are expecting to drive offline to your phone. 
Just save it before you go, using wifi to save your data, means you don't use your data while on holiday for mapping. 
Iv used it while in the UK when lost moblie signal when traveling and used in florida when hired car for a few days and got use across the state. Will be italy soon, and already downloaded rome area just for walking about with.