Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a few questions, B9 model
Hi to all,

I don`t own a Berlingo yet so I thought it best to ask, I have a few questions about the B9 model.
Firstly, I own a 1995 Astra 1.4i 3 door hatch, so it`s 20 years old this year. I don`t suffer from any major problems with the car, it just keeps going and quite good on fuel at about 40 mpg.

Do most owners have problems with the rear axle and scrubbing of tyres of some sort ?

Banging and creaks of suspension seem to be common even on the new model, has there been a solution to solve these problems ?

Having the Astra for nearly 6 years, the headlights are very good though I read on hear the Berlingo`s are pretty bad. Which bulbs work best legally ?

Reading lots about the Petrol/Diesel thread and problems with DPF`s. I think my usage would benefit from having a 1.6 HDi Diesel. Basically, use the right Oil and get the engine serviced regularly, Yes ?

The Tailgate window that you can open, I rarely see them on 2nd hand models. Which "Pack" does this option come with in the brochures ? Would be handy if stuck tail to tail when parked up on the street.

If rust is a problem, I don`t see much about rust being a problem on the newer models. Where would you first see corrosion on the B9 model ?

I have seen the Amdro Boot Camp on UTube which is a fantastic idea, but how do those that use them combat condensation ?

Sorry to use a swear word in my first post, Peugeot Partner Tepee ... there is not much about this model on the web as in forums. Same car in most respects so have they sorted all their problems ?

I will probably find more questions and have itchy feet to try car/lingo camping this year, anybody know if the Dangel 4x4 is available in right-hand-drive ....

Circlip  

Re: The Tepee.....Same car....same production line.....same factory.

Sadly I can't help you reliably with your other queries as I have a Mk.2.

After an Astra that old I would predict that the B9 is going to prove a real dream come true.

AFAIK The Dangel conversions are only carried out on new vehicles. Here's a link to their
website: http://www.dangel.com/en You can contact them from the site.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
People only complain when they have a problem.

You rarely hear from the thousands of satisfied owners. I've had my MkIII 1.6 diesel for 6 years, no rust, no rear axle or tyre problems, no suspension banging, no turbo failure, never broke down, no expensive repairs at all.

Like any car, get a good one and look after it and it will repay you.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Solent for this post:
  • brajomobil
Rust is not an issue on modern cars. Nowadays cars will achieve an age where they are beyond economical mechanical repair before they have rust problems. As for reliability, as above 6yrs, 62k miles main dealer service with only a premature egr valve failure 6mnths out of warranty which after 'negotiations' with Citroen, paid 70% of repair cost. Headlights ok with standard bulbs imo. Opening tailgate window is a separate option, not part of a pack on my 2009 brochure.
I think some MoT testers may disagree that rust is not an issue on modern cars, especially if they see a lot of Fords. Wink
____

2010 B9 Multispace VTR 1.6 Petrol 90hp
Cannot recall what pack the opening tailgate window came with, but it was included with the tinted rear windows, I believe it was only available with the XTR version (this was 3 years ago)
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(19-02-2015, 03:53 PM)Solent Wrote:  People only complain when they have a problem.

You rarely hear from the thousands of satisfied owners. I've had my MkIII 1.6 diesel for 6 years, no rust, no rear axle or tyre problems, no suspension banging, no turbo failure, never broke down, no expensive repairs at all.

Like any car, get a good one and look after it and it will repay you.

Totally agree with you. Smile

And here is really good info on cars : http://www.carsurvey.org/

I have bought Berlingo seeing good reviews from the above page.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Very interesting link to the Dangel.com website, I could spend quite of lot of money there. Pity you don`t see any for sale in the UK ...
I also agree with you Solent, and I only go on these types of forums if I have questions or a problem can`t fix myself.
I found this old Astra with full service history and no rust. So that is why i`ve kept hold of it.

It would be the XTR model that suits me best, but finding one I can afford is going to be difficult.

Done a bit of research on those light bulbs doofer Smile

I had been thinking of getting a Roomster but it`s room that I want and there is not enough in the Roomster.
(19-02-2015, 11:48 AM)Circlip Wrote:  Do most owners have problems with the rear axle and scrubbing of tyres of some sort ?

Just to start the list off, most owners don't have any problems, you only read about the ones that do Big Grin  I'll add that my car is a 03 M59 and there is no apparent corrosion on it anywhere yet apart from the exhaust. Bodywork doesn't seem to be a problem only on older hammered and knocked about examples. The nearest thing I have seen in 4x4 is a Renault Kangoo Trekka but they are probably a bit older than the B9.
So where does this bit go then ?
Found a few answers myself ....
The Tailgate window is available with the latest brochure i`ve been given. It`s not in a `Pack` as such.
Style Exterior section with dark tinted rear and side windows is available on the XTR, Jan 2014.

Condensation can be helped with wind deflectors, simple. Just wind down window half in inch before draw curtains or window blinds Smile.