Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blower not working
Hi everyone,

My wife has a 60 reg Citroen Berlingo Multispace VTR HDI91 1.6 Diesel with A/C.

As she was shutting the boot (i had the blowers on full and engine running) the blower just stopped working, none of the speeds work and is unresponsive.

I dont know what fuse/relay to check? (owners manual didnt have anything about blower) and dont even know the location of the blower motor itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Just an update, looked on here for info so decided to remove glove box lid and surround. Checked fuses I could get too even tho I don't know kwhich one controls fan. Still not working. Now have a problem when I lock car after a while the key fob won't work and need to unlock car using key and clock is reset. Key fob works again then stops after about 5 mins and resets clock again. Could I have accidentally knocked the central locking fuse?
Hi Shaun it sounds very strange are the battery terminals tight and secure that would account for the loss of power. Ive seen those quick release clamps on the leads come undone before. How old is the key fob battery it may be worth changing that, Not sure on the B9 model but on the old mk2 it comes up on the display that fob battery needs changing. I think on the B9 the blower motor is up under the dash and you get access to it from the drivers footwell from what ive read on threads on here, It could be a coincidence it seems odd but it could be that the heater blower resistor pack decided to pack up at that exact moment. Do a search and you see what they look like. As for fuses you better go back through them and make sure you got them correctly fitted in their correct slot.
Good luck.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • Shaun Watling
Hi Tomcat, thank you very much for advice!

There was one fuse that i had checked and above it, it had "parking/client" and the fuse could be put in 2 ways if that makes sense. When i had checked it i put it into parking thinking that was the way i took it out (for parking beepers) so i have just changed it to client and the central locking issue/keygob is working just how it was and is not resetting clock Smile

Thanks for giving me location on blower motor too, will try to get at it tomorrow when the rain buggers off, am quite tall and i now i'll literally be bending over backwards to get at it haha

Thanks again for help Smile
Just to update

The blower motor is directly above the accelerator pedal, but couldnt gain access to it properlyhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/7pfl5en58dca8h...1.jpg?dl=0

So went back to passenger side and removed glove box again, only this time noticed a relay from underneath fusebox

on closer inspection i could see one of the terminals was scorched  https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqwy9wzx81ipiy...9.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w72wapk4evq7pi...6.jpg?dl=0

so rang parts manager at my local Citroen and and had a replacement on the shelf £6.42 thats with VAT

changed the relay and job done https://www.dropbox.com/s/w16jw5xbmgvv6b...4.jpg?dl=0

fan working as normal!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Shaun Watling for this post:
  • Guanajuato, pumps, ron
Part No for relay on packet is 6547 TX just incase anyone else has this problem
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Shaun Watling for this post:
  • pumps, ron, Tomcat3
Hi Shaun pleased you got it sorted and not to bad. Thanks for posting back how you fixed it I'm sure it will help others.
PS is the blood soaked plaster a car related injury lol.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
No problem at all Tomcat, hope it will help others! Yeah sliced it taking the glove box out lol
Hello Shaun welcome to the forum nice to see you got it sorted thank's for the pics so we'll know what we are looking for and the part number well done top mark's  Cool
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Shaun Watling
Thank you very much Jed, happy to help! Smile