Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
Brighter reversing lights
Has anyone upgraded to LED reversing light bulbs?

Mine are terrible as standard, must be down to the tinted light cluster it has.

Are these LED replacements any better, don't want to spend the cash then find they're no good.
Later spec rear lights would help
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to muply for this post:
  • 800HDI
As Muply says, later ones would help, but not much I think.

I'm not convinced LED's would be much use either, it seems to me that they are bright but they don't always have the "strength" of light of normal lamps - the light doesn't seem to project as far.

I fitted an aftermarket reversing light in addition, but whilst it helped it has now rotted out.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • 800HDI
LED bulbs will not give the same amount of light as normal bulbs as the LED's are more directional,whereas normal bulbs will give an 'all round' light.
You can either update the rearlights to the later spec,fit an additional reversing lamp or perhaps fit a halogen bulb.

If you do go down the LED bulb route then go for the smd type,the older oval type are even less use.
2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
I had these on previous Vauxhall Combo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-LED-REVERSE...41514bdb6c
They were suprisingly good!
Let the van go with them fitted. Oops!
Not bought another pair yet, but would recommend.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to j90xxx for this post:
  • 800HDI
(04-02-2012, 02:47 PM)800HDI Wrote:  Has anyone upgraded to LED reversing light bulbs?

Are these LED replacements any better, don't want to spend the cash then find they're no good.

If you go online to Autobulbs they have a terrific range of LED bulbs, on my B9 model May 2008 Multispace VTR I replaced front side lights,rear stop/Tail,rear fogs lamps & reversing lamp bulbs they are a lot brighter would highly recommend did not change rear indicators as it involved splicing the wires to add a resistor instead fitted upgraded bulbs which give the appearance off being silver, I also upgraded headlamp bulbs to Ring 120% brighter but they are street legal well worth doing .
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to caravancrazy for this post:
  • 800HDI
One point worth mentioning is that the MK2 rear light clusters have relatively small holes for the bulbs to fit through. Most LED lights I have seen are quite large in diameter, Will they fit into the cluster?

Has anyone replaced theirs yet?
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
(04-02-2012, 06:12 PM)caravancrazy Wrote:  
(04-02-2012, 02:47 PM)800HDI Wrote:  Has anyone upgraded to LED reversing light bulbs?

If you go online to Autobulbs they have a terrific range of LED bulbs, on my B9 model May 2008 Multispace VTR I replaced front side lights,rear stop/Tail,rear fogs lamps & reversing lamp bulbs they are a lot brighter would highly recommend did not change rear indicators as it involved splicing the wires to add a resistor instead fitted upgraded bulbs which give the appearance off being silver, I also upgraded headlamp bulbs to Ring 120% brighter but they are street legal well worth doing .

There is a fleabay shop called Blaize Electronics,they sell a replacement flasher unit for £16.00 so you can use LED indicator bulbs without having to fit resistors.

2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
(04-02-2012, 09:16 PM)XTR Wrote:  
(04-02-2012, 06:12 PM)caravancrazy Wrote:  

There is a fleabay shop called Blaize Electronics,they sell a replacement flasher unit for £16.00 so you can use LED indicator bulbs without having to fit resistors.

Thought the Berlingo didn't have a descrete flasher unit and that the indicaters were wired through COM2000 or similar???
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(04-02-2012, 09:05 PM)adam3rdcanvey Wrote:  One point worth mentioning is that the MK2 rear light clusters have relatively small holes for the bulbs to fit through. Most LED lights I have seen are quite large in diameter, Will they fit into the cluster?

Has anyone replaced theirs yet?

I have 42 SMD LED stop tail bulbs. They fitted ok.