Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Bry Ayrd scooter Hoist fitting instructions or pics
Hi I posted this in buy or trade but thought that those with nothing to sell or trade might miss it and I need help more than I need the part as I can if needed get the part made up by a friend who is a superb welder, Hopefully the rest will explain itself . Thanks for reading and hopefully thanks for any forthcoming help.
Does anybody have an A frame for a Bryg ayrd hoist from a MK1Berlingo. I bought a scooter hoist and now find that you need a specific A frame for the car ,and Bryg Ayrd will not sell me the parts I need .So if you have taken a Bryg ayrd 100kg hoist out of a berlingo and still have the bits lying around ,or if you can offer any advice. or even a pic of how a brig Ayrd hoist is fitted to a Brlingo
It seems the upright is always the same but the A frames are different in all cars.If I can see how it should be fitted I can possibly get the A frame cut and welded to fit. Bryg Ayrd are not easy to deal with. Also if anyone has fitting instructions for a 100kg Bryg Ayrd scooter hoist I would be grateful for a copy or a pic.
are there any pics on there website of typical instalations that will give an idea of how they fit , then get some bits made up by your welder .
ive got a galaxy with a wheelchair lift fitted ... its basically a post fitted to the offside rear... bolted top and bottom.... using the 3rd row seat belt mounts ?.. with a triangular brace down to the floor further forward..more to give the mounting for the forward end of the swinging arm in and out ram rather than bracing the post
i was considering taking the post out and fitting it in my transit... but its probably easier to make a new post from scratch...and quicker to push the lawnmower up a light ramp anyway.
(19-06-2013, 08:21 AM)ricc Wrote:  are there any pics on there website of typical instalations that will give an idea of how they fit , then get some bits made up by your welder .
ive got a galaxy with a wheelchair lift fitted ... its basically a post fitted to the offside rear... bolted top and bottom.... using the 3rd row seat belt mounts ?.. with a triangular brace down to the floor further forward..more to give the mounting for the forward end of the swinging arm in and out ram rather than bracing the post
i was considering taking the post out and fitting it in my transit... but its probably easier to make a new post from scratch...and quicker to push the lawnmower up a light ramp anyway.

I looked on their website and none of the pics there was very helpful. I did get my mate to look at it only tonight and we measured it up for fitting and it only needs a couple of welds and a bracket fitted ,so hopefully my mate will be able to weld it up no problem.
I did find a bit of seatbelt attached to the A frame and had no idea what that was all about as it was only one half of the system and had nothing into which you clicked it as I do not have a third row of seats.