Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Busman's Holiday
Smile 
Off for a week, to do my strata handyman job more or less, but unpaid and in a different part of Oz.

There's a lot to be said for mobile broadband; I won't miss a single sly look or double entendre on the Forum if I can help it. :p
(23-04-2013, 12:33 PM)addo Wrote:  Off for a week, to do my strata handyman job more or less, but unpaid and in a different part of Oz.

There's a lot to be said for mobile broadband; I won't miss a single sly look or double entendre on the Forum if I can help it. :p

Enjoy yourself & don't forget your tucker bag.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I'm having a great time so far. Hung a flatscreen TV, dug up a water pipe (can you freeze 1" poly pipes to replace stop valves?) yarned, eaten myself stupid, visited the local design centre, walked a few trails, fetched a carload of firewood, got my host well tanked, visited a local scenic gorge with Victorian tearooms, played endless games of fetchit with host's dog, slept in until seven this morning, strummed the guitar and even checked out the local supermarket.
Sounds good.

No2 son landed in your usual place of residence last week and is enjoying the sights in his new neighbourhood...................Kings Cross!!
Staying with friends near Melbourne last year, we found it quite amusing to see news reports about the Victorian Police or fire service. Whole different meaning. I kept picturing lots of men running around with handlebar moustaches and horse-drawn vehicles ;-)
Lovely place - I can understand why people emigrate there but its not for me. Sydney likewise - nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Though I reckon I could get used to commuting from Manly.
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
Back at the coalface. :S Didn't really want to return so soon!

Fantastic trip; the day I left the weather finally turned - how's that for timing?

The roads are really empty, there are many seventies cars still about the place, a lot of silly and impatient drivers too. Saw maybe three Berlingos and a few of the Vauxhall (Holden) equivalents.

I definitely rate the Gorge. Also had a great barbie on the Sunday with some friends of my host and for the first time attended a doggy training school (fortunately they didn't have to follow me around with a plastic bag).

Plenty of work still to do there; I don't get paid leave so it was an exxy trip in the balance of things. Might try for more of a touring/driving break next time as I haven't seen inland Tassie since the mid-eighties.

A final, honorable (pictorial) mention of the mighty chariot to keep the posts contextually French:

[Image: uppercarparktrevallyn2s.jpg]
Is that a Fuego?Like the surroundings.:thumbsup:On second thought,it's an SM.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • addo
Fuego; they're an endearing car that soldiers on. Only briefly owned a rotten SM (bought sight unseen) and then-SWMBO had it crushed after a tiff. I forgave her as it probably saved me from bankruptcy.

Tasmania has the most "English" farmscapes of Australia, but as shown some nice wilderness too.
Remember the Fuego very well,a popular car in the eighties,a friend of mine had one for a while and loved it but it did cost him a small fortune to maintain.I preferred my Granada 3 litre Ghia it was a great cruiser.
(25-04-2013, 07:27 AM)addo Wrote:  I'm having a great time so far. Hung a flatscreen TV, dug up a water pipe (can you freeze 1" poly pipes to replace stop valves?) yarned, eaten myself stupid, visited the local design centre, walked a few trails, fetched a carload of firewood, got my host well tanked, visited a local scenic gorge with Victorian tearooms, played endless games of fetchit with host's dog, slept in until seven this morning, strummed the guitar and even checked out the local supermarket.
Well tanked? Either drunk, or you waterproofed the sides of his water source.Big Grin
Loved Tassy when we visited years ago. Climate suited me better as well, though bit cold for the missus.