Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Car wont start
changed the spark plugs on my berlingo 1.8 car will not start luckily enough i have the lexia diagnostics fault is PERMANENT FAULT PETROL PUMP SHORT CIRCUIT / OPEN CIRCUIT any help or advice much appreciated please
I can only advise you check from the fuse backwards & the fuse itself.If no feed at fuse check forward.Good luck.:thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
after spending some time locating the culprit dont know what or why it happened some how the fuel cut off was triggered one press of the button and she is alive all faults cleared
(01-04-2014, 01:43 PM)dcm23251981 Wrote:  after spending some time locating the culprit dont know what or why it happened some how the fuel cut off was triggered one press of the button and she is alive all faults cleared

Having a diesel I forgot about that.RolleyesConfusedillyme:
we learn something new every day i was getting to the point of bashing my head against a brick wall i tested everything with the multi meter and everything was good ! .. all i need to do is sort out the exhaust as i think the cat is buggered changed the centre pipe & back box still sounds like a tank !
(01-04-2014, 07:46 PM)dcm23251981 Wrote:  we learn something new every day i was getting to the point of bashing my head against a brick wall i tested everything with the multi meter and everything was good ! .. all i need to do is sort out the exhaust as i think the cat is buggered changed the centre pipe & back box still sounds like a tank !

If the cat is creamed,look at GSF & others for prices.Don't buy the cheapest.Confusedalut:
i have a trade account at my local motor factors Smile
(02-04-2014, 08:54 AM)dcm23251981 Wrote:  i have a trade account at my local motor factors Smile

Well done.:thumbsup::woop:
Hi all, my name is Bobby, I stay in Edinburgh, Scotland. This is my first post, although I don't know if I'm posting for help myself or replying to this thread!? I can't find where the post tab is for you kind gentleman to help, so I Will write here what my fault is with my Berlingo Multispace 1.6 petrol 2009 and hopefully someone can help.

I parked my car up at approximately 6pm one night everything was OK, then when I went to go to work a few hours later I turned the key and got nothing but a single click. All the lights were working, window wipers etc, so I thought I'd be the starter. I rocked the car back and forth in gear, tried to start again, same thing. I the bridged the solenoid and the car started no problem, so I bought a new starter/solenoid, fitted that and turned the key, same one single click and lights were all working etc. I then thought it maybe the immobilizer and so did the ten step rebooting, still the same. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas? I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.
Hi,
First step would be to check that you're getting power from the ignition switch to the solenoid (the thin wire to the solenoid) when the switch is in the start position. Also check all of the battery lead connections from the solenoid to battery in particular. Once you have a confirmed 'heavy' supply from the battery to the solenoid you can then start fault tracing. If no supply at the thin wire when turning the key to start then check the wire itself & connector (which may have corroded) and if need be trim the wire back and fit a new connector.
If no supply then it's tracing back to the ignition switch.
In the meantime you can always hot wire the solenoid (ask anyone in Glasgow over the age of 5 as they will show you how to do it!).