Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central lock not working
Hello!

My central lock is not working. When I press the button on my key the blinkers come on,  so I know that works correctly. When I press lock, it makes a sound in the doors, when I unlock it does nothing. Interior button is the same. Manual locking only locks one door.

Thanks in advance for the help Smile
Hi there Morgan it sounds like one of the actuators is sticking or broken. Best way to work out which one is disconnect each door lock in turn and see which one is playing up.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks for replying! I'll look some more into it tonight. I'll keep this thread updated incase anyone else might need this in the future Smile
I took the entire central lock system apart, and it seems like my bsi is acting up. tried a bsi "soft reset" but it didnt do anything. the actuators work fine. tested it by applying 12v to it.
Have a look at the wiring where it goes to the doors you may have a break in the wires.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I had the same problem with my 2.0 HDi 2005 Berlingo. It would lock perfectly but not unlock. After pressing the remote unlock button the lights flashed but no movement in the door locks.

The problem I suspect, is in the BSI. It comprises 2 boards, connected to each other by 2 sets of pins. The pins can suffer from corrosion and that causes the problem. One board contains the brains of the BSI and is unique to your vehicle. It outputs low level signals to various parts of the car and these signals are transferred to the other board where the signal level is amplified to a level sufficient to drive door locks etc. This servo or amplifier board is not unique and you can safely substitute a good one from a scrapper.(Make sure its the same make - Siemens or Bosch)

This thread describes my own route to a complete and lasting cure

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-23...al+locking

At first I thought relays were the problem but I came to believe it was the connections between the 2 boards. You have to shut down the BSI first, in the approved manner, then disconnect all the plugs, remove the unit and take off the plastic cover. This reveals the 2 boards. You then have to separate them. You will see the 2 sets of long pins which connect them together. This is where the problem lies. Remove any traces of corrosion, very carefully, and reassemble using a conductive liquid like Electrolube, on the pins - keep it off the board itself.

Before you start this job, make sure you get the flashing lights when you press the unlock button. If you do get flashing lights, it means that the BSI is receiving the unlock signal but is not producing any output to the locks. Could be the relays, but I bet it's the pins. Good luck.
Thanks, maybe this works and saves me from spending over 1000USD on a new bsi Smile
(20-11-2015, 08:45 PM)mikeB Wrote:  I had the same problem with my 2.0 HDi 2005 Berlingo. It would lock perfectly but not unlock. After pressing the remote unlock button the lights flashed but no movement in the door locks.

The problem I suspect, is in the BSI. It comprises 2 boards, connected to each other by 2 sets of pins. The pins can suffer from corrosion and that causes the problem. One board contains the brains of the BSI and is unique to your vehicle. It outputs low level signals to various parts of the car and these signals are transferred to the other board where the signal level is amplified to a level sufficient to drive door locks etc. This servo or amplifier board is not unique and you can safely substitute a good one from a scrapper.(Make sure its the same make - Siemens or Bosch)

This thread describes my own route to a complete and lasting cure

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-23...al+locking

At first I thought relays were the problem but I came to believe it was the connections between the 2 boards. You have to shut down the BSI first, in the approved manner, then disconnect all the plugs, remove the unit and take off the plastic cover. This reveals the 2 boards. You then have to separate them. You will see the 2 sets of long pins which connect them together. This is where the problem lies. Remove any traces of corrosion, very carefully, and reassemble using a conductive liquid like Electrolube, on the pins - keep it off the board itself.

Before you start this job, make sure you get the flashing lights when you press the unlock button. If you do get flashing lights, it means that the BSI is receiving the unlock signal but is not producing any output to the locks. Could be the relays, but I bet it's the pins. Good luck.

Mike, as I understand the OP he can hear some sound from the door locks when he activates the C/L. Does your advice still hold or would you think that the BSI is sending the info' but there is a problem further down the line?
Berlingo 1.6HDi Dangel 4x4 120bhp