(26-08-2013, 06:45 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote: Have you had a read of this thread it may be of use http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...al+locking
Have you had a look at the wiring that passes from the door pillar to the door, sometimes they break and let water in go corroded and play up.
Thanks for that will have a play
I had exactly this problem with my 2005 2.0 HDi Multispace (saloon). I could lock the doors with the remote but had to put the key in the drivers door to unlock, then use the levers on the other doors.
I tried everything, including BSI reset. I checked the door solenoids by applying 12 volts to the door contacts. They worked fine so it had to be a control problem.
I think you may well find that the problem lies in a poor contact in the BSI. But it is easy to fix. You need to remove the BSI first. This is the hardest job as there a a number of plugs and access is poor. But with patience it can be done. When you get the BSI out (after having shut it down in the recommended way) you will see it is enclose by 2 halves of a case. The case needs to be removed to reveal 2 printed circuit boards attached to each other by two blocks of pins. These are quite delicate but the boards need to be separated by levering the pins apart. You need to take care as it would be easy to damage the boards and/or pins.
Once you have the boards separated you will see that one contains the control section, with on board chips etc, and the other is a servo section containg relays. 2 of these relays control the central locking. It's possible one of the relays is at fault but more likely that the connecting pins are not connecting. Examine the pins and the sockets on the boards with a strong magnifying glass, looking for signs of corrosion, dirt etc. Remove any you find with a small stiff brush. Reassemble the boards using a switch lubricant. You can get this from Maplins or CPC in Preston, mail order. I used Briggs SKL as an aerosol, but there are others. Squeeze the boards back together very gently, reasemble the case and install the BSI. Observe the correct restart procedure (see elsewhere on this forum)
If this doesn't work the cost will have been minimal, and a bit of fiddly work has been wasted]. But I bet this is the answer to your problem.
Afterthought - My tailgate didn't lock before I fixed the BSI, although the 4 doors did. After the fix they all locked and unlocked reliably and they still do, a full year later. Let us know how you get on.
The following 1 user says Thank You to mikeB for this post:1 user says Thank You to mikeB for this post