Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 3.31 Average
Changing fuses
Now, this might seem like a REALLY silly question. But how do you get at the fuse for the Cigarette lighter sockets? It's in the bunch of fuses in the passenger glovebox, furthest left of the 30 amp fuses. I can just about touch the fuse with my fingers, but there's absolutely no way I can extract it. The handbook says 'lower the panel' to change. There's congested and there's bloody stupid design!
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
I know what you mean. I had to check all my fuses and fortunately they were ok. Shitroen couldn't design a tonka toy... good luck
(30-06-2012, 12:56 PM)Guanajuato Wrote:  Now, this might seem like a REALLY silly question. But how do you get at the fuse for the Cigarette lighter sockets? It's in the bunch of fuses in the passenger glovebox, furthest left of the 30 amp fuses. I can just about touch the fuse with my fingers, but there's absolutely no way I can extract it. The handbook says 'lower the panel' to change. There's congested and there's bloody stupid design!

Is there not a fuse extractor tool mounted in the fuse box?, if not they can be bought for pennies in pound shops etc. I think I got mine in Aldi along with an assortment of fuses for about £2.99
They make it easy to change fuses, if you can see them.
(the fuse box one is the small one)

[Image: 2lm9a82.jpg]
Yes, there is. Only I couldn't get it into the position to grip the fuse. Sad
Also available from poundshop emporiums and can be used to pluck unwanted nasal hair... Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme:Confusedillyme::whistle::whistle:
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Only nasal hair?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Managed to extricate it last night. In the end, I removed the extra block of fuses on the right of the fuse box (just clips out) and forced some of the big chunky wires off to the side and I could just about get enough of a grip to wiggle it out. Now, I just have to work out how to get the replacement back in. Strangely, in the replacement fuses, there aren't any 30 Amp mini fuses, despite most of the fuses in that fuse box being 30 Amp mini fuses. :S £1.10 off ebay for 10.
What's needed is a fuse extractor with the grippy bit turned at 90° to the handle.

I wonder if access is better in a left-hand drive car?

[Update]
What a Faff. I have now got the fuse back in. But I had to take off the whole glovebox to do it. :o 11 Torx screws, 3 plastic rivets and a few grazed knuckles.
Bizarrely, the map reading lights and the courtesy lights run off different fuses. The map reading lights (the little ones to the left & right of the main interior light) work off the cigarette lighter fuse.
Berlingo: Fusebox design by Bloody Stupid Johnstone.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Guanajuato for this post:
  • taxi
(04-07-2012, 09:59 AM)Guanajuato Wrote:  Managed to extricate it last night. In the end, I removed the extra block of fuses on the right of the fuse box (just clips out) and forced some of the big chunky wires off to the side and I could just about get enough of a grip to wiggle it out. Now, I just have to work out how to get the replacement back in. Strangely, in the replacement fuses, there aren't any 30 Amp mini fuses, despite most of the fuses in that fuse box being 30 Amp mini fuses. :S £1.10 off ebay for 10.
What's needed is a fuse extractor with the grippy bit turned at 90° to the handle.

I wonder if access is better in a left-hand drive car? V
Very good point about LHD vehicles hmm.