Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cup holders - 61 plate XTR
Many have commented on the useless cup holders in Berlingo's and here's my solution.
Purchased a three drawer storage unit from Matalan.
Removed drawers and laid it on it's back between front seats - secured with Velcro.
Cut suitable holes in two of the drawer fronts. Glued sponge in the bottom of the drawer to cushion the cups. Painted the fronts. Placed draught excluder around the inside of the cut (hides some of the rough cuts lol).
Result.............

Had a problem getting forum to accept bigger picture. It enlarges for me if I click on it so hopefully you will be able to do the same if you want a bigger picture.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to pdunny for this post:
  • Chilly Slang, DreamSeeker
That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing.

You've got me searching now for something the same in black, umm.
(19-06-2015, 04:42 PM)Jelster Wrote:  That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing.

You've got me searching now for something the same in black, umm.

Thanks Jelster. I'm thinking of painting the unit itself black and maybe a darker grey for the cup holder/drawer sections so that it's a bit nearer to the interior - work in progress as they say.
Good one why didn't Citroen think of that ??
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(19-06-2015, 09:18 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Good one why didn't Citroen think of that ??

They might do one day but I'm guessing they won't do it for less than £12 complete. Holes might be better drilled by them (and the more accomplished Berlingo owner) but then I am to joinery what water is to electricity - shocking!
Blush Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(20-06-2015, 11:58 AM)doofer Wrote:  I've got a big clip-in box with a roller top there.  It looks like your unit on the floor is the same - if so it has a couple of hooks in its back edge to attach it.  It has a cup holder at the front of it.

You can see it here - right-click, view image to see it full-size...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2053]

I don't know what they charge for this if you don't have one.

I've not got one hence looking at alternatives. Also don't know the price of one but in 2011 someone on this forum said they were £250. Not suprised - I was quoted £350 for a new rear parcel shelf. Made one myself for less than £35.00.
It's £157 inc VAT. Not cheap, but it does create extra storage, and - I think - provide a deeper cup holder than the two useless ones you get between the front seats. However, my local dealer doesn't know if it will fit on my November 2017 Flair - he's checking this. And whilst the cup holder looks deeper, does anyone here know if it will actually securely hold a cup when driving?

You can see it here: http://www.citroen.co.uk/new-cars-and-va...ories.html - if you then click on comfort, then cabin fittings.

I do find it strange that Citroen still provide the useless cup holders, some years after people first started complaining about them! I bought the Berlingo to replace my Kangoo, the MPV version of which is no loner available in the UK - but it does have some odd quirks.

Thanks.