Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPF Additives low on a 63 plate
hello all, my nice reliable 63 plate 90 enterprise, today went into 'Limp' mode, first issue in the 89,000mls but it's a strange one,

the ECU has been read, and is saying adblue level low, adblue pump low pressure etc etc etc, my van as far as I'm aware isn't a Blue-HDi, I've never been told to keep an eye on adblue, we have nowhere to put any in, it couldn't have gone 88,000mls in a year and a half one one tank of adBlue?? aor did it??

help

edit: it was DPF additives  not adblue... 
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
I bought a new Berlingo Airdream Multispace in May 2014,  and it's the first I've heard of Adblue.  Mine is low-emissions Euro-6 . Just spoken to a main Citroen dealer and he says the filler hole is somewhere behind the back seats, near the spare wheel bolts. (haven't looked yet). Dealer says a warning light comes on when Adblue is low, then eventually engine cuts out. Advises buying a 3 litre top-up so I don't get caught out in the middle of nowhere.

I found this on Citroen site about new 2015 Berlingo van:

"In anticipation of next year’s legislation, the 2015 Citroen Berlingo will be compliant with Euro-6 emission standards. The BlueHDi diesel family was launched into Citroen’s car range at the end of 2013, and cuts nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions and reduces CO2 emissions by using an SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system.  The 17-litre Adblue tank should last around 12,500 miles and can be rolled into service intervals. Adblue costs around £1.60 a litre so it shouldn’t affect running costs too much."

I hadn't noticed anything about this requirement in my handbook and I wonder if I'm the only one who didn't know about this? Or maybe it was topped up at first annual service (8K mileage) and I didn't notice it on the invoice. Very puzzling to an ole fart who started on a 1939 Morris 14.
Just checked the Citroen website and the current Berlingo engines are Euro 5. The new Berlingo due next month (facelift) are Euro 6 engines, which Have ad blue. Mine is a December 2014 eHDi, and does not have ad blue.
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jayjay2cv for this post:
  • rnamman
Thanks for that jayjay2cv; not having adblue means one less thing to worry about. 
http://www.hatfield.citroen.co.uk/about-...i-citroen/
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
it's ok, it wasn't adblue in the end, But the additive for the DPF that goes in a tank near the fuel tank, my garage has had the van 2 days, think he's struggling,  I got confused because we are in the process of ordering a new van and it'll be a BluE-hdi most probably,

when I comes to filling these things up, they don't make it easy...
Hi ATL_driver, I was just going to tell you about DPF fuid, but see that you have sussed it out. I was told a load of crap about AdBlue myself by the salesman when i picked my new L2 up the other day, but my 15 plate HDi 90hp doesn't use it, but uses Eloys (DPF) Fluid instead. The fluid is held in a separate tank beside the diesel tank, and must be filled from underneath using a £100 kit from Citroen. The kit comprises "a bag of blood" as the Storeman called it! which is fitted with the usual PSA type snap on pipe connectors to attach it to the DPF fluid reservior. The storeman also told me that a tankful of Eloys fluid lasts for about 80,000 miles, which tallies nicely with your "fail" mileage of 89,000. I want to tackle this job myself when the time comes, but I'll have to get (pay?) a dealer to reset the DPF fluid counter in the ECU with Lexia.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CourierJim for this post:
  • doofer
yes, Jim, we have the DPF fluid loaded and ready to go, but now have had to take the van to Citroen dealer to reset counter...
for armed being for warned, for next year when it does it again, there's nothing in my mechanics books when it goes in for service to check level (through OBD2) to be warned and as it was a breakdown it's taken us time to suss, Now we know i'll book it into the dealership when we 'guess' it'll be done

all was sorted at dealership..
right after a week, I've just filled up and the chime has beeped and it's telling me it's low on additives and there is a risk of blocking the dpf filter, hoping it's just another level that's not been reset....
[Image: B53E5856-9D5B-4498-B699-4C4994D7A323_zpszj1woquv.jpg]

got to 88888mls all ok, filled up again to be greeted with these messages
[Image: B639B88E-9CDF-4008-AD94-6D17FC48E81C_zpstipccdww.jpg]
[Image: 8E90EA58-B84D-4FC1-A1C3-68CB6A9DDE4A_zpsvyxrwteo.jpg]
not bad seeing it was refilled just over 1000 mls ago, back to main dealer it goes,

it's got a new fault code this time, and isn't in limp home mode,

fault code is P15B3 could it be the fuel cap sensor? yeah I didn't know it had one either