Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 2.68 Average
DRL's fitted
Is that a HUF HAUS I see in the background ?
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(29-01-2012, 09:01 PM)tucker Wrote:  Thanks. In that case they will probably be illegal in the uk..... :0

They are definately LEGAL in the UK Wink
(29-01-2012, 09:08 PM)Andre Wrote:  Fantastic, look OEM. Your camera and lovely looking house add to the shots too, something straight out the brochure. Well done, must be chuffed!

Confusedalut::whistle::whistle::whistle:

(29-01-2012, 09:14 PM)Guanajuato Wrote:  LED sidelights sound good - where can you get hold of them? I've looked a couple of times but most seem to suggest they're not suitable for CANBUS cars.

I know what you mean,I bought some years ago when they first became available,but when I fitted them to my old Renault Scenic they interfered with lots of other stuff on the car.

But they are a lot more advanved now,most now fitted with the smaller,but brighter smd chips.
I got mine here http://stores.ebay.de/tuning-up-car-art?_rdc=1

They are canbus free,very reasonably priced and the company offers free P+P.
They only have them available in white at the moment,for front sidelights,number plate,interior or front fog in various fittings.

But,make sure you have enough depth to wherever you are fitting them,a 30 smd wedge bulb is 36mmm long,so won't fit in a number plate lamp,whereas a single smd wedge lamp is only 22mm long,so no problem.

(29-01-2012, 09:14 PM)taxi Wrote:  Is that a HUF HAUS I see in the background ?

Yeah I wish!

Our house is a one off,designed by a young architect,that was built in 1997-8.
I would never go through the trauma of having a house built again,but my wife and I have said that if we ever have enough money to buy another plot of land then we'd have a Huf Haus.
I think they are beautiful houses,very modern and contemporary,and after watching Grand Designs the other week where a couple had a Huf Haus built,extremely quick to put together!They had it up and watertight in less than a week!!

2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
(30-01-2012, 08:43 AM)XTR Wrote:  
(29-01-2012, 09:01 PM)tucker Wrote:  Thanks. In that case they will probably be illegal in the uk..... :0

They are definately LEGAL in the UK Wink
(29-01-2012, 09:08 PM)Andre Wrote:  Fantastic, look OEM. Your camera and lovely looking house add to the shots too, something straight out the brochure. Well done, must be chuffed!

Confusedalut::whistle::whistle::whistle:

(29-01-2012, 09:14 PM)Guanajuato Wrote:  LED sidelights sound good - where can you get hold of them? I've looked a couple of times but most seem to suggest they're not suitable for CANBUS cars.

I know what you mean,I bought some years ago when they first became available,but when I fitted them to my old Renault Scenic they interfered with lots of other stuff on the car.

But they are a lot more advanved now,most now fitted with the smaller,but brighter smd chips.
I got mine here http://stores.ebay.de/tuning-up-car-art?_rdc=1

They are canbus free,very reasonably priced and the company offers free P+P.
They only have them available in white at the moment,for front sidelights,number plate,interior or front fog in various fittings.

But,make sure you have enough depth to wherever you are fitting them,a 30 smd wedge bulb is 36mmm long,so won't fit in a number plate lamp,whereas a single smd wedge lamp is only 22mm long,so no problem.

(29-01-2012, 09:14 PM)taxi Wrote:  Is that a HUF HAUS I see in the background ?

Yeah I wish!

Our house is a one off,designed by a young architect,that was built in 1997-8.
I would never go through the trauma of having a house built again,but my wife and I have said that if we ever have enough money to buy another plot of land then we'd have a Huf Haus.
I think they are beautiful houses,very modern and contemporary,and after watching Grand Designs the other week where a couple had a Huf Haus built,extremely quick to put together!They had it up and watertight in less than a week!!
Looks really good to me, you must be chuffed.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • XTR
Looooooks well nice
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to muply for this post:
  • XTR
Now I've washed it,here's a closer look.............
[Image: nSUcg.jpg]

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to XTR for this post:
  • eame64, taxi, Trevor
.........and now available with chrome grille strips too...
[Image: Kga1R.jpg]

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

(20-02-2012, 07:01 PM)XTR Wrote:  .........and now available with chrome grille strips too...

[Image: UNCv4.jpg]

That looks really smart. Are you going to tell us where you got them and the cost please?
(20-02-2012, 07:41 PM)Trevor Wrote:  
(20-02-2012, 07:01 PM)XTR Wrote:  .........and now available with chrome grille strips too...

[Image: UNCv4.jpg]

That looks really smart. Are you going to tell us where you got them and the cost please?

Fleabay Germany,they cost me around £20.
They are 5mm flexible strips that are fixed with 3M tape on the edge of the grille bars,but I reckon you can get lengths from Halfrauds.
I did look at stainless steel ones,but they were nearer £100!

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to XTR for this post:
  • cambrian, Trevor