Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day van effort
Rigt gents, that battery I had was no good, or at least I hought so, It would charge, but i'd only ever get a few minutes of power from it using a single LED light, the voltage meter I have installed showed it drop fairly quickly, usually cutting out around 12.7v or so, which I think is about right......

I got a new battery this evening and when I installed it I thought I had it solved since the LED lit right away before even starting the enginge to give t any charge, unfortunately this was short lived. and a few minutes later it had lost power.

Apart from looking at everything agan, the only thing I can think is that my earth for the leisure battery might not be working, I have it connected to the load bay floor 'lip' at the front, behind the passenger seat I might take a sharp knife to it and scrape teh paint off to ensure it's a proper job.

would a dodgy earth cause the power to drain too fast? or have i totally missed something here? all teh fuses in my fuse box are low, 5-10 amps ad none are blowing......

im definately isoated from my main battery as i can allways start, but power just seems to drain so fast from the leisure battery....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to miccheck1516 for this post:
  • whitebus
so it was the earth I think, I guess it not being earthed meant it wasn't charging the battery, scrapped away some paint and seems to be working fine now....time will tell....
(13-11-2015, 12:38 AM)miccheck1516 Wrote:  80Ah, weathers getting very poor here in ireland so it might be a wet weekend!

next on the agenda is covering the foam matress I have and reconsidering my storage/bed to see if I can get better access to whats stored currently I have two boxes ontop of two boxes, and geting to the bottom isn't allways the easiest endeavour...

Could I ask - what did you use to line the van interior? Some kind of thin carpet? Where  did you obtain this? I need to replace the lining on the over cab area of my motorhome and have been thinking I would use something like this. Keep up the good work - I also have a Berlingo day camper (La Parisienne, professionally converted by a boat building company on the south coast), (not the motorhome) and it has got us to some very interesting places.
Veltrim from ebay, you can get whatever length and plenty of different colours.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Many thanks. I'll look them up
New bits [Image: a3e1b65a237c9c46362d2091d51a95bb.jpg][Image: b978969cdf21876ecc9d7d847edfa59f.jpg]

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
That looks real cosy!
Hope everything is lashed down well.

I had to do an emergency stop last week, and a few bits went flying including my iPad. That reminded me to go over everything (including small things like spoons and knives) and get them fixed down tight.

Gravity.
Mostly, but not permanently, as i like the ability to turn it into a van again at short notice, its safer than what it was, as the boxes are now covered by the bed rather than actually being the bed.... and i got rid of 3 boxes worth of stuff that i put in when i started using it as a camper and never once actually used.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk