Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day van effort
Have had this a few months now and today got the carpet finished, I have 3 more 12v feeds into the back that I plan on using for dual USB/cigarette sockets and a USB/cig/voltmeter so I have a means of powering my portable shower (bike wash) and can keep an eye on voltages from out back. Think I'll throw in a leisure battery VSR split charge kit for peace of mind also..... Anyway, enough chat....

Ps- Thanks to gadgetman for the wiring tips!
[Image: bf7963aa0187e80559e2c2b8046094d8.jpg][Image: 1bb8dbb8233ee51b1ffef4e7dd62ccd0.jpg][Image: acaf62053e19755d20e6f6989840f0b0.jpg][Image: 325594cafbf9033f253b80230f0d5141.jpg][Image: d1f3a3a8b738e4ae14b2dfb3673de87a.jpg]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to miccheck1516 for this post:
  • whitebus
Nice work the inside look's great top mark's all round  Cool
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • whitebus
That's a right little 'home from home'.well done.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • whitebus
Photo 

Hi
I have a 2013 L2 and want to purchase some internal thermal blinds, does anybody know of any good companies to use.
Also does any body know if berlingo van roof rails differ form L1 & L2, i suspect they are the same but would like a expert view please.
hopefully my end result will be a nice looking stealth van.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Shaun Coe for this post:
  • whitebus
If you decide to fit a leisure battery you can fit one in the storage area under the load bed behind the passenger seat.
I have fitted one there on mine, it is sat on a plastic tray to protect the floor from any acid and it vents via a pipe through a bung in the floor.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JohnM for this post:
  • whitebus
(19-08-2015, 03:09 PM)Shaun Coe Wrote:  Hi
I have a 2013 L2 and want to purchase some internal thermal blinds, does anybody know of any good companies to use.
Also does any body know if berlingo van roof rails differ form L1 & L2, i suspect they are the same but would like a expert view please.
hopefully my end result will be a nice looking stealth van.

I have searched high and low for berlingo thermal blinds and not found any that are suitable, im going to make my own out of a front windscreen thermal blind, just cut out what I need, get some edge trim around the edge, and possibly use the remaining trim fix adhesive to fix some material on the inside just to stop it reflecting the light from inside too much, i think itll make it a bit less industrial andmore homely too...

I'll stick up a couple of photos when I get them done eventually, I allways intend in doing a 'how to' type thing and end up just getting stuck in till its finished

can't help with the roof rails im afraid!

(20-08-2015, 08:27 AM)JohnM Wrote:  If you decide to fit a leisure battery you can fit one in the storage area under the load bed behind the passenger seat.
I have fitted one there on mine, it is sat on a plastic tray to protect the floor from any acid and it vents via a pipe through a bung in the floor.

yeah thats is number one spot except I usually store my downhill MTB helmet and a pair of wellys in there but I might just be able to squeeze a battery in right at the back or else just reconsider my storage, I thought possibly behind the drivers seat would do but it would probobly involve removing the seat which is a bit more work than I want...

EDIT: also got a load of plastic rivets to replace the silver screws which look FAR better, they aren't cheap but they do look great...
Mine has the fold flat passenger seat which did not require removal, I didn't use the driver's side as the bracket for the jack is on that side. I fastened the battery down with a webbing strap and used a riv-nut in the floor to anchor it to.
I keep meaning to get around to fitting a split charger, but at the moment I just charge it with a battery charger.
Fitted the cigarette/usb/voltmeter today along with a switch, but drilled a hike slightly too large for the switch, have some Teflon washers ordered which will hopefully sort it out, it's ok for now, but not perfect, worst case I can put a larger switch in.[Image: 3950353ef54989c7cb4b6414f30214a6.jpg][Image: 13ff96d746994a9730abc997af191cd8.jpg]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  • whitebus
Very nice Cool is it a perm live or ign live ??
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

permanent, as in it works when the ignition is on or off, hence the switch...

There is one 12v feed (as yet unsed) which has a switch infront of the gear stick where the cup holders are which powered the original light in the back and it was handy to be able to power on and off from the front but I dont miss that.

Got a leisure battery tonight for 20 quid off a mate, so will get a split charge system over the next few weeks and wire it in, also thinking of getting an ipad mount too, the beauty of having the carpet covered side panels is that I can bolt almost anything I want onto it - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121593050787?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Aso spotted this which I think will solve my problem with the holes being too big, got three of them so I can have all the swtiches matching, and I think they will make it look that bit better.I may also be able to use the waterproof covers with the switches which as yet havn't worked well with the thickness of the carpet... http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:244388

i should probobly work out how much it's all costing but i reckon so far ive only spent 150 including carpet, insulation, glue and all electrical bits/tools, have put loads of hours into it though...
  • whitebus