Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Diagnostic O2 sensor
Hi all,

Well now that I have finally sourced the correct oxygen sensor it is time to change them. So I have purchased an o2 sensor socket to remove them with but would like to know if anyone has removed the one in the exhaust and what level of difficulty was it to remove, was a blow torch required or a breaker bar or both

Thanks

Pitpan
Should be neither. If I'm slack a shifter budges most of them. Else a crowsfoot. So if you have the socket, it should only be a matter of ordinary stuckness.
(18-05-2014, 10:06 AM)addo Wrote:  Should be neither. If I'm slack a shifter budges most of them. Else a crowsfoot. So if you have the socket, it should only be a matter of ordinary stuckness.

Ok thanks Addo, it's just that online vids seem to say it's very difficult to shift them because they have seized or rusted in after yrs of being in like my one, but I will give the socket ago and post how I get on in a few weeks.
Might be a good idea to give it a good soaking of release fluid as well.
Griff
Landmark
Ex 1.4 Berlingo Multispace
(18-05-2014, 05:45 PM)Landmark Wrote:  Might be a good idea to give it a good soaking of release fluid as well.
Griff

Release fluid not sure they have that downunder or do you mean WD40 or is there another product I can use, Griff
i will keep an eye on this, because i'm on the same road, (failed on emissions) and i will need to replace the same thing.
Best one locally other than the RP7/WD40 type of colognes, is Wurth "Rost-Off". The reps are usually happy if you are spending over $100 on a non-account sale. Their CU800 copper grease is probably the best high temp copper grease you can have, a light smear on spark plug threads and wheel studs is considered good practice by many.

Otherwise you could try Inox for the stuck threads, which is more easily found (bearing suppliers often have it).
There you go. Can't beat local knowledge :-)
Griff
Landmark
Ex 1.4 Berlingo Multispace
Well the sensor is very easy to get too but it is upside down so giving it a good soaking to loosen the threads might be a problem as it will just run straight off the bolt but I will give it a good soaking over the next few weeks whilst I await the parts & then try to undo it. The sensor in the manifold is a piece of cake compared to the exhaust one
Here is a blog I found on www with regards to releasing fluid that might be of some interest to all concerned.

https://www.engineeringforchange.org/...

As I manage a painter & decorating Co with access to said chemicals I will give this a go and post results.