Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Display
Hi, On my Mk3 Berlingo, in the centre display there is a reading which normally shows me average mpg. Suddenly that has dissapeared, and a message saying 28 MPH, and a symbol of a car with an arrow pointing to the right. What does this mean, how can I get the old screen back please ?.

Badger
That may be either the cruise control preset speed, or average road speed when moving. What happens if you press the stalk tip on the right while the car is idling?
Ditto addo
Thats advising of your average speed on base models without CC.
The button on the end of the longer of the two stalks on the right of the steering wheel.
Usually holding this down for around 5 seconds when stationary resets (ALL)the data in the display.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(30-03-2013, 11:13 AM)badger Wrote:  Hi, On my Mk3 Berlingo, in the centre display there is a reading which normally shows me average mpg. Suddenly that has dissapeared, and a message saying 28 MPH, and a symbol of a car with an arrow pointing to the right. What does this mean, how can I get the old screen back please ?.

Badger

Thank you very much you were quite correct. Pressed the stalk to scroll through display options.

Badger
With display set to average mpg, press & hold stalk to zero this, ie measures average mpg from that point on. Useful if you want to find average mpg separately for motorway trip or just around town etc.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • addo
I reset every time I fill up. Current Average MPG is good for adjusting speed etc to conserve fuel.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
A difference from my '10 plate to this '12 plate is that Ive gained an additional tripmeter on the display.
The stalk button scrolls between the current running totals (Speed mpg range etc) to two separate trip-total positions.
They often read identical figures but i havent had the need to use both so far,
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(30-03-2013, 03:31 PM)badger Wrote:  
(30-03-2013, 11:13 AM)badger Wrote:  Hi, On my Mk3 Berlingo, in the centre display there is a reading which normally shows me average mpg. Suddenly that has dissapeared, and a message saying 28 MPH, and a symbol of a car with an arrow pointing to the right. What does this mean, how can I get the old screen back please ?.

Badger

Thank you very much you were quite correct. Pressed the stalk to scroll through display options.

Badger

Hi , I had this problem and the advice given sorted the screen out , many thanks .
(30-03-2013, 06:25 PM)evdama Wrote:  A difference from my '10 plate to this '12 plate is that Ive gained an additional tripmeter on the display.
The stalk button scrolls between the current running totals (Speed mpg range etc) to two separate trip-total positions.
They often read identical figures but i havent had the need to use both so far,

Does that mean you have 3 trip meters? I got 1 above the total miles and a trip meter on the big display in middle of dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart