Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EGS6 automatic gearbox
Hi, anyone had any experience of this? I've had quite a few automatics including Nissan's NCVT and all were better than this Citroen system. It seems ok in traffic but it has trouble when maneuvering on rough ground, getting stuck in holes, pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second then leap forward with wheel spin. Also up changes from 1 - 2 and 2 - 3 gives me a forward lurch even though I'm holding the wheel, worse for passengers. Or is it a case of 'they all do that'? (2013 XTR with 13k done so far)
Used one as taxi for 30 months, best to change down to first using paddles in certain circumstances...I got ecu update which seemed to help gearbox/clutch....although it seems weak when reversing up steep inclines.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • Mankie
The auto box isn't the best and can be lumpy / lurch Sad look on the net find some wright up on the box
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

"pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second"

Yes, I've found this too. Having done just over 1K miles now, I think I've got the hang of the dashboard-dial gear change system and was about to try the paddles, as Taxi suggested. Taking your foot off the gas just as it's ready to change up does give a smoother change. I do miss the fast getaway that my Kangoo could deliver, especially coming out of side roads where visibility is restricted.
(03-07-2014, 11:43 AM)rnamman Wrote:  "pulling out from a side road is ok if there is plenty of room for a slow exit but try to hurry it and it seems to bog down for a second"

Yes, I've found this too. Having done just over 1K miles now, I think I've got the hang of the dashboard-dial gear change system and was about to try the paddles, as Taxi suggested. Taking your foot off the gas just as it's ready to change up does give a smoother change. I do miss the fast getaway that my Kangoo could deliver, especially coming out of side roads where visibility is restricted.

Thanks, others' experiences was what I was looking for. I've done about 1200 miles now and have tried the paddles for the first two changes, it does help a with a right foot lift, still groping for a gear lever though for forward/reverse changes :brickwall: Something I have just discovered, pulling out from a side road, keep the wheels straight ahead for the initial pull away and turn the wheel more at the last moment - seems to stop some of the hesitation. Confusedunny:
Think the hill assist mixes things up too.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • Mankie