Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2002 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 interior lights
It's been a while since my last post or login to the forum, so hello to all again.

Having an issue with the door central locking, lock then immediately unlocks and display saying door open, courtesy lights on, my question is:-

Can someone direct me to the wiring/circuit diagram for the central locking (no deadlocks) and internal door switch wiring colours/no's I've got a Haynes, however, it doesn't show the courtesy light switch wiring, I can trace the wiring but wanted to have something to hand prior to stripping things down and tracing (My suspicion is o/s/f as it's the most used), I've checked continuity of wiring at door hinges and all check out fine even when wiggling wires so know I've an issue at door/lock side of one of the doors, even if someone can give me the pin no id's on the lock modules for the internal switch, I can take it from there, Many thanks in advance guys.
I've had the same problem in mine: definitely driver's door prime suspect. In my case the internal switch of the lock was okay, but the wire in the door's internal loom wad broken. The wire can be fixed easily, but if the lock is gone, gi to a parts shop
and buy a pair of door jamb switches (you probably have there ready made holes. Just run a wire to the loom running beside the jamb. Problem solved fot the next fifty years, and definitely cheaper thsn a new lock. Apparently on a lot of cars the internal door levers exercize force on the wiring snd cause wire breackage in time. I had one more broken wire in the electrical locking wiring.....
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Saandy for this post:
  • Gozling2
(20-06-2016, 05:24 AM)Saandy Wrote:  and buy a pair of door jamb switches (you probably have there ready made holes. Just run a wire to the loom running beside the jamb. Problem solved fot the next fifty years, and definitely cheaper thsn a new lock. Apparently on a lot of cars the internal door levers exercize force on the wiring snd cause wire breackage in time. I had one more broken wire in the electrical locking wiring.....

Had a stroke of luck, passing a scrap merchant and saw a lingo van sitting ready to be taken within, decorators van, Left hand drive to boot, quick look inside and paint everywhere, osf door hardly used 10 minutes to remove it (I always carry a tool kit) £10.00 for mechanism and rods, installed in my lingo now and all working as it should, interior lights and central locking working as intended, well chuffed, thanks for the input though Saandy, maybe of use to others in due course  Wink