Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
not unlocking
Hi ,anyone got any idea why suddenly the doors wont unlock with the remote ,they lock no problem but when you press to unlock the indicators flash but no click at all.
Also the inside dead lock button has stopped working at the same time .?
Mine does this too, locks fine but will not unlock, just flashes the indicators. I'll be watching this. Confusedtudy:
Not looking good for any advice on this one !
my 06 partner locks down sometimes on its own, just when you are going to open the door so i never leave the keys inside unless you leave the door the open one click. french electrics i think
Right , my problem is that all the key barrels have seazed so I had no way of getting in the van ,had to get the AA out ,ordered three new barrels of eBay .
It's got a mind of its own my berlingo !
Try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds, may work.
Thanks , I've tried that already ,no luck
(19-04-2014, 01:00 PM)cstopforth Wrote:  Hi ,anyone got any idea why suddenly the doors wont unlock with the remote ,they lock no problem but when you press to unlock the indicators flash but no click at all.
Also the inside dead lock button has stopped working at the same time .?

I had exactly this problem with my 2005 2.0HDi Multispace. The problem was in the BSI. The BSI consists of 2 boards. One is the intelligence, the other is the servo board. The fact that your indicators flash means that the intelligence board is receiving the signal from your remote. The problem is it is not passing the OPEN signal to the servo board. (the servo board is the one which contains all the relays - small black plastic covered boxes.

The 2 boards are connected by a series of splined pins which engage in holes in the other board. These pins can go open circuit and then the problem arises. You need to remove the BSI, separate the boards, examine the pins and holes minutely, using a magnifying glass if necessary, clean away all traces of corrosion around the pins and holes, then reassemble using a conductive switch cleaner like Electrolube, available from CPC Farnell and others. I used Briggs 1830SKL switch cleaner/lubricant. It has worked fine for a year now.

Removal of the BSI involves disconnecting all the plugs. They are all unique and colour coded so it's hard to reassemble incorrectly. The BSI is encased in a 2 part plastic case which is easily separated. Separating the 2 boards needs care as its easy to damage them. I used a wooden school ruler and a twisting action. There are 2 sets of pins and you need to act on both a little at a time. Slowly and carefully. Once you have them apart you can immediately see which is which. The intelligent board, the one which is unique to your vehicle, is the one which has the integrated circuit chips. The servo is the one which has the relays. The servo board can be replaced if necessary without problem. The other not so easily - it has to be reprogrammed and is not straightforward.

Hope this helps. It's not a complicated or difficult job - it just needs care and patience.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to mikeB for this post:
  • ians_lingo, ron
Thank you very much for that ,il have a go at it when I can .thank you