Thread Rating:
  • 40 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Economy mode??
is there any way to turn the damn thing off!
I have returned from a holiday abroad and wanted to keep mobiles etc topped up as we were camping and had no mains electricity. The bloody economy mode stops you charging after half an hour. What a load of arse! I have charged miners lamps from mini batteries in the past with no problems but this all singing and dancing Berlingo falls over at the first hurdle multi-no-purpose whatsoever, typically French; brilliant and s**t all at once.
Although it cannot be switched off, according to the Citroen Owners Club forums the time delay can be changed to, say, an hour.

http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/cit...nomy-mode/

HTH
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • j90xxx
I have Lexia 3 - when I get some free time I will have a go at increasing time before economy mode activates.
its a fail safe for the battery mate!!! well on the mk2 standard, does your have the extra mode of fuel comsumption?
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this answer has been stated previously.

I too am irritated by my Picasso going into eco mode after 30 mins or so. My understanding is that it CAN be turned off by asking a main agent, or someone who has the tool, to turn off Showroom Mode in the BSI configuration. I think this is possible with many Citroens, including the Picasso and berlingo, but many main agents are not keen to do it. They fear we will all leave our lights, radios etc on and flatten the battery.
I don't know which model you have but I have the modutop and the 6v connections in the modutop do not switch off so they are live all the time.

So when camping etc... I plug my phone into the rear overhead 6v plug and it charges till full.
I just had the Eco Mod show up on my display this morning. I was doing some work adding an LED strip to the back door last night (to light up the ground when we change before caving). I guess having the doors open for an hour triggered the Eco Mode. It worried me a tad when I started up but having read this thread I'm not concerned now.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
(10-02-2011, 10:11 PM)Chris Wrote:  I now am greeted with the message "Economy Mode Active" on the central display when I start the car. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean or what it does. There is no mention of it in the owner's manual.

The only thing that I have done to the car was to replace the fuse (no 22 I think) which looks after the front interior light, 12v sockets and the air con blower.

Any ideas?
I'm sick of it, the interior lights won't even stay on for the entire duration of one of the doors being open. This is a major pain in the arse at night, when I'm loading up the back of the van and can't see a damn thing. Even when I set the lights to "always on", they never stay on for more than a minute or two.
(23-09-2015, 07:24 PM)Will Jones Wrote:  I'm sick of it, the interior lights won't even stay on for the entire duration of one of the doors being open. This is a major pain in the arse at night, when I'm loading up the back of the van and can't see a damn thing. Even when I set the lights to "always on", they never stay on for more than a minute or two.

Hi Will. This can be altered using the Lexia kit. My Picasso was set at 30 minutes. I reset it to 90 minutes but any period is possible. You  need to find someone with Lexia to make the adjustment. Main dealers have it of course, and they will want to charge you, probably by the hour, although it can be adjusted in just a few minutes. I also understand some main dealers are reluctant to do it, why? I cannot imagine. Good luck