Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Electric window problem
I recently bought a multispace with a malfunctioning electric window (drivers side), I have discovered that the window controller has been disconnected, and, on reconnecting have now got power through to the connector block in the door. So far so good and it appears to be the motor that is u/s but can anyone tell me why the passenger window would work with the controller disconnected? It appears to have two channels, passenger and driver's side and the wiring diagram I found seems to confirm this.
Hi, I presume we are talking about a Mk1??
If the controller that's disconnected is situated in the r/h side of the central console then this is just for the drivers one touch down function.
So the passengers would still work.
Cheers, Confusedalut:

If you find out that it's the controller that's duff and not the motor, have a read of this.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2535

:thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • mrbritse
(22-03-2012, 09:01 PM)Rustscrat Wrote:  Hi, I presume we are talking about a Mk1??
If the controller that's disconnected is situated in the r/h side of the central console then this is just for the drivers one touch down function.
Cheers, Confusedalut:

Thanks for that. I have only had the car for a few days, I bought it knowing it had the problem, there is no handbook so I am yet to find all the details but it is a 2004 1.9d Multispace. I shall ask Citroen for the details of exact model type from the VIN no. It sounds as if you are right tho now that it is reconnected I can hear the 'solenoids' (?) clicking in and out.
(22-03-2012, 09:18 PM)mrbritse Wrote:  
(22-03-2012, 09:01 PM)Rustscrat Wrote:  Hi, I presume we are talking about a Mk1??
Cheers, Confusedalut:

Thanks for that. I have only had the car for a few days, I bought it knowing it had the problem, there is no handbook so I am yet to find all the details but it is a 2004 1.9d Multispace. I shall ask Citroen for the details of exact model type from the VIN no. It sounds as if you are right tho now that it is reconnected I can hear the 'solenoids' (?) clicking in and out.

If you pm me your Vin No. I'll send you what you want. Confusedalut:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
I have a question. I need some information about electrical window swap into other berlingo who has mechanical windows. I have 2 mk berlingo, 1 has destroyed chassis( as a donor ) and 2 one without any extras Big Grin Maybe someone has done such a thing.
If the connections exist in the cable going to the door, it may be possible.
(I don't know which are in use.)
If there's no cable going to the door, you're probably out of luck.
(It's bl**dy difficult to pull the cables yourself)

You'll also need to transfer the control boxes that are hidden somewhere behind the dash, and the switches they connect to.

Since this is a different issue from what the original poster had, you really should have started a new thread, and instead added a link to this tread for some 'extra information'.