Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Electrics gone mad & won't start
Today after unlocking the berlingo, the fuel empty light was on, all airbags lights on, engine stop light flashing, odometer blank and car refused to start. whilst trying to get the car to start the headlights decided to come on their own as did the radio.
From what I've gleaned syptoms point to water in the electric some where but I haven't found where so far. Have pulled out the fuse box tray but seems ok.
local dealer suggested disconnecting battery leads and joining the terminals together for 5 seconds as this would re-set the system but there was no change.
All suggestions welcomed as this is looking expensive from where I am sitting.
problems like what you got are normally related to water in bsi from what i have heard, try a bsi reset if you can it may help.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BerlingoHDI for this post:
  • Tubby
(05-07-2012, 07:46 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  problems like what you got are normally related to water in bsi from what i have heard, try a bsi reset if you can it may help.

I have read about BSI reset on another thread, is it easy to do?
Here you go:
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...ol_failure

However if you haven't made any changes the BSI is quite stable.

BTW on these cars/vans you can't just disconnect the battery and connect it back up without following the correct procedure. If you do
then the BSI can produce some very strange problems. :eek:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(05-07-2012, 08:18 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Here you go:
http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?co...ol_failure

However if you haven't made any changes the BSI is quite stable.

BTW on these cars/vans you can't just disconnect the battery and connect it back up without following the correct procedure. If you do
then the BSI can produce some very strange problems. :eek:

thanks, will have a look in the morning.
Thanks for the help on this one, unfortunately no success so car now in the hands of the dealer (=£ouch!)
Be interested to know the result of their ramblings!!
Dealer quoted close to £500 for both Citroen refurb and Citroen new units so I mentioned BBA reman and they checked them out the following day and yes the price was around £100 howver if they sent the unit to BBA they would have to add their mark-up so they suggested that I send it direct.
Spoke to BBA on weds, they arranged UPS to collect on Thursday. BBA rang lunchtime Friday to confirm water damage and yes they could fix and return part direct to the dealer on Monday. Price including UPS shipping both ways £146. So now fingers crossed all is well when it arrives Monday, car is booked into dealer workshop on Tuesday.
Will update progress next week.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rambling_ned for this post:
  • Ol'Jeffers
How were BBA to deal with, Ned? They're just up the road from me.
Let us know if the repair is successful, please.
When I rang BBA on Weds spoke straight away to a lady who was well briefed to ask the correct questions ( that is the person that answered the phone helped me rather than passing me to an extension where the BSI expert might have been). She asked lots of questions about what was and what was not working on car, I couldn't answer some as I had only tried to use what i needed when finding the car in its confused state. The guy that rang back on Friday was courteous and helpful.

whilst the BSI has been away the garage has been playing a hosepipe over the car and parked it outside in the rain but cannot get water to enter and cannot find any evidence of where it came from. really would have liked to find the source rather than having to go through this episode again a few thousand mikes down the road.