Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi function display
The display panel suddenly went dim, it was suggested by my local Halfords that the bulbs had most likely blown, changed them following the google search which was an easy task, the bulbs that I took out I believe are 0.4 watt, the bulbs that halfords sold me at 1.2 watt, the display still is not lighting up - is it possible that the bulbs I have been sold are the problem, or maybe something more ? Have also checked and changed fuses but still no joy, did try speaking with citreon dealers in london, who advised the unit is sealed and bulb changes are not possible, which is obviously incorrect, anyone with any further ideas as to what maybe the problem. Thanks in advance for help.
I wouldn't leave 1.2W bulbs in, in case they melt some plastic (or would if they worked!)

Try altering display brightness (lights on, keep pressing button to left of speedometer)
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ddb for this post:
  • whitebus
HellFrauds again!! Please don't even think about using their 'services'. No doubt there may be a problem with the bulbs but to
then supply you with bulbs that consume three time as much current demonstrates their level of competence.
ddb is right. Remove those bulbs and take them back.
It wasn't so long ago that, if you used their online 'Find the correct oil for your car' section, they were recommending the wrong oil for the 1.6 turbo diesel, despite the fact that they actually sell the correct stuff! I went into my local store and pointed out this glaring error and was
met with complete disinterest and many entirely irrelevant excuses.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(24-02-2015, 03:36 PM)Ol Wrote:  HellFrauds again!! Please don't even think about using their 'services'. No doubt there may be a problem with the bulbs but to
then supply you with bulbs that consume three time as much current demonstrates their level of competence.
ddb is right. Remove those bulbs and take them back.
It wasn't so long ago that, if you used their online 'Find the correct oil for your car' section, they were recommending the wrong oil for the 1.6 turbo diesel, despite the fact that they actually sell the correct stuff! I went into my local store and pointed out this glaring error and was
met with complete disinterest and many entirely irrelevant excuses.
Hello, it's me back again, took the 1.2 watt bulbs back to halfords, got a refund, purchased correct watt 0.4 watt from autobulbs, fitted them but still they are not lighting up, as said earlier, it was working fine, then one day the display had gone dark, have. Checked/changed fuses, tried the dimmer switch but still no joy with the bulbs, anyone else had this problem, or any ideas what to try to fix the problem. Thanks in advance.
had similar problem , changed all 4 for led,s but only one worked so dismantled the unit an checked the connections with a meter, all worked after cleaning bulb contact surfaces up , have you tried a torch on the display to check its functioning ?.
I had an issue where mine kept blowing bulbs, it would go through 4 in a couple of days. In the end I bought a replacement that was meant for a citroen C5 and put that in. (It's green and looks nicer/different) When I took my original one apart to use the casing I noticed black burn marks on the casing so something had blew inside. It might be worth checking that.

If you go to buy another one avoid getting one that is from a Peugeot 405 as for some odd reason they stop the radio stalk on the steering wheel working...
2005 Enterprise 600 1.9D - It did 85 once but started to smell funny.