Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] XTR 110 fuel injector problem again
Hi guys, not been on for a while. Had a disappointing experience yet again. Just to recap, bought new Nov '11, injector failed couple or three K, replaced, then another failed a few K after, so all were replaced by Citroen. When the 3yr warranty expired I took the option of the extended warranty.   Oh boy, am I pleased about that!!!! Last Thursday it expired on the M4 , bit scary getting across to the hard shoulder. RAC duly attended, injector failed + another issue, trailer back to main dealer. Had contact from dealer, 3.5K yes 3.5 grand, + labour, wtf.  

Citroen honouring warranty, but this thing let go at 9,250 miles, fsh, not a post office/school run or dog run usage, just occasional  motorway runs, also on premium super diesel. A Friday car or what. Sad
2011 (61) Multispace XTR 110 in Kyanos Blue
I wonder if the first injector broke up and contaminated the fuel tank but even then the fuel filter should have taken care of the the particles.

You need to find out exactly what is wrong with it really 3.5k is not just injectors.
Not good,!! Sort of puts me off upgrading my mk 2,,
(10-10-2016, 08:24 PM)polar Wrote:  I wonder if the first injector broke up and contaminated the fuel tank but even then the fuel filter should have taken care of the the particles.

You need to find out exactly what is wrong with it really 3.5k is not just injectors.

My thoughts also, it just went into limp mode. The RAC guy said 'No.2 injector & something else' showed on his equipment. This was Thursday, and apparently the warranty will pay all labour, and Citroen will supply all the parts, and that's the vague bit at the mo, but that was for the cost of parts according to the dealer. They also said there was a 'bulletin' regarding issues? These engines are used in other models as well.
(10-10-2016, 08:25 PM)Johny555 Wrote:  Not good,!! Sort of puts me off upgrading my mk 2,,

It sort of puts me off Citroen's full stop. We are looking at original set of injectors, the replacement set, + whatever else is duff, and this can't be the only one out there like this. Undecided
(11-10-2016, 09:00 AM)doofer Wrote:  Have they all been replaced before, or just the faulty one?  I'm wondering if it was fitted with a faulty batch, in which case replacing them all would be the obvious cure (at Citroen's expense of course).

What you're experiencing is certainly not normal, and it's unlikely to be widespread - as you say there are loads of these engines about.  There would be no space on any hard shoulder if they were all as bad as yours.

Well originally one failed at approx. 2k and was replaced, another went shortly after, they said then that they were a faulty batch, and replaced the lot, it's done about 5 to 6k on these  and failed again with a long space in between. There's def more issues with this engine, and with that kind of cost. Good news is parts are on their way overnight and no cost to us. This was new November '11, quite frankly it's the worse vehicle I've ever owned, and at a cost of 4k with labour, thank god for the extended warranty.
What was the symptoms of failing injector in your case ..any dashboard lights or just some strange sounds from engine bay ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka
(11-10-2016, 05:58 PM)andy-M Wrote:  What was the symptoms of failing injector in your case ..any dashboard lights or just some strange sounds from engine bay ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Well getting used to this lark, there's a couple of little snatches, then it looses power, shows on the dash 'engine fault - alert' and then it'll still do a lumpy tick over, but not willing to increase revs. Nothing else shows, no overheating, returns 50+ mpg, always started on the button, and this was about 25 miles into 55 mile motorway run, which is it's sole use.
(11-10-2016, 01:21 PM)doofer Wrote:  You've either been extremely unlucky or there's some other fault that's making them go pop in your case.  You're doing a really low mileage between faults too, so there's no way it's wear and tear.

I don't think the 110 is that different to the 90 and all other variants, other than the turbocharger.  I don't think there's a general problem with injectors as you have, otherwise this forum and every other Peugeot/Citroen/Ford one would be buzzing about it.

Mine's done 24k since new two years ago, so I'd have used at least six sets of injectors at your rate.  I think someone here has done 300k in his B9 and certainly hasn't mentioned the weekly injector change.

Definitely keep the warranty going and keep an eye on it.  Next time is definitely not a coincidence.

I don't believe in coincidences after the second injector went, lol. It's a potentially dangerous problem, virtually no warning, and the dealer did admit originally that they knew of 6 others with between  3 to 7k on the clock. I was thinking of the 120 6speed but I've never been able to get a demo or actually see one, but that's shelved with this situation.
(12-10-2016, 12:06 PM)doofer Wrote:  I'd say the injector needs a post-mortem, in case there's a load of rubbish in the fuel system.

I agree with this and stand by my first post there is fuel tank contamination going on here.