Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra warranty
Hi b9ers , my xtr 1600 auto is three years old next month  .Got a letter from Citreon offering  an other one years warranty for the sum of 229 pounds , I, my not sure whether this is good value or not . I,ts done just under 25000 miles since new and serviced at local citreon garage ..Have RAC full breakdown cover. What do others think ,yae or nae .
Hi Henry people can go either way how much does it play on your mind another way to look at it is if it were lightly to break down would they offer you the warranty they are pretty reliable if it was me i would put the money in a saving AC build it up for the day you need it not just the Berlingo it may be something else but i'm a tight git i rub the foil the butter comes in on my bread as they say every little help's if it give's you peace of mind go for it. Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It's a personal thing is warranties.I've never bought them or needed them.My last Berlingo went for 8+ years with no probs.I won't buy for my new one either.Citroen wouldn't offer this if they feared making a loss.My advice,Like uncle Jed,is stick it in your bin. Wink
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
I took advantage of this offer spring 2016 as my Berlingo had only covered about 7500 miles in its first 3 years so I was concerned it was not even 'run in' at that time, still time for things to go wrong. I need not have bothered but it did give me peace of mind.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(21-08-2016, 07:25 PM)Trevor Wrote:  I took advantage of this offer spring 2016 as my Berlingo had only covered about 7500 miles in its first 3 years so I was concerned it was not even 'run in' at that time, still time for things to go wrong. I need not have bothered but it did give me peace of mind.

If it helps you sleep easier,why not?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My thinking was IF the turbo decided to go, I would be up that famous creek paddle less.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Didn't know royal mail used berlingos??Vauxhall,fiat,yes but Berlingo,??
Royal Mail had a lot of the first models, (possibly Peugeots because Peugeot had a factory in Britain, they took over the Roootes group?) , I used to repair them, mostly damaged by rough roads and bad driving . I think I recently saw some Peugeot versions in royal mail livery
The extra warranty is purely an insurance policy.

I was always tought only to buy insurance for whatever you couldn't afford to replace, like a house or car etc. If it makes you feel happier then buy it, just look at the small print first regarding any exclusions, companies like taking your money but are less happy about paying out.

Personally I wouldn't bother except if the vehicle has had a history of things going wrong.
(21-08-2016, 04:47 PM)henry sb Wrote:  Hi b9ers , my xtr 1600 auto is three years old next month  .Got a letter from Citreon offering  an other one years warranty for the sum of 229 pounds , I, my not sure whether this is good value or not . I,ts done just under 25000 miles since new and serviced at local citreon garage ..Have RAC full breakdown cover. What do others think ,yae or nae .

Check this link:-  https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/. You may decide to not renew your Breakdown cover or pay Extended Warranty premiums! (With breakdown cover are'nt you still liable for repair costs if it can't be fixed by road?) Of course, you need to be in a position to pay for repairs on completion of any work, and then wait for reimbursement from the insurance company. I've fortunately  never had to make a claim in the 10 years that Ive held such a policy, but for £45 a year its an investment that gives better coverage than either of the other options.