Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
False warning signal: coolant temp.
Hello everyone,
Mine is a 1.6 HDi diesel reg. July 2006. Berlingo Multispace.
The fault is that the 'coolant level/temp' warning light comes on. complete with bleep and flashing STOP warning. This happens at random times when I can find no fault. It happens only when the engine is warmed up, but there seems to be no pattern - ie OK for several days, then on and off every few minutes. I suspect the sensor is faulty but I do not have a manual for this model (Haynes not yet published?), so I can't identify the sensor. I live in France and my local Garagiste is inclined to be a bit too thorough, and replace bits until the problem goes away. Has anyone come across this problem. please?
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I have correctly navigated the icons, smilies,thread subscription, poll, attachment usage: (I think that's all). No doubt a Moderator will put me right if need be.

Many thanks in advance Dave
You have checked the coolant level, haven't you? Big Grin
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
(03-11-2011, 03:56 PM)FORGERON Wrote:  Hello everyone,
Mine is a 1.6 HDi diesel reg. July 2006. Berlingo Multispace.
The fault is that the 'coolant level/temp' warning light comes on. complete with bleep and flashing STOP warning. This happens at random times when I can find no fault. It happens only when the engine is warmed up, but there seems to be no pattern - ie OK for several days, then on and off every few minutes. I suspect the sensor is faulty but I do not have a manual for this model (Haynes not yet published?), so I can't identify the sensor. I live in France and my local Garagiste is inclined to be a bit too thorough, and replace bits until the problem goes away. Has anyone come across this problem. please?
I'm new to the forum, so I hope I have correctly navigated the icons, smilies,thread subscription, poll, attachment usage: (I think that's all). No doubt a Moderator will put me right if need be.

Many thanks in advance Dave

Just got the appropriate manual for my '07 1.6 HDI.Book no 4281 from Amazon
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hi Ron.
How long has 4281 been available?
Hi Martin,Ihad it on my Amazon wish list for a couple of months,& it's now been available for a week or so.Because of this,I have a '96-'05 going begging(no HDI) &4784xsara picasso(covers 1.6 HDI) .Free to anyone who can collect from Monmouth.Both virtually unused.
Thanks to Ron for his note about the Haynes Manual No 4281. I already have this book which covers the Berlingo from 1996 to 2005 - ie not late enough for me. I would expect a later book to have a differrent number; perhaps you can put me right. Thanks.
Dave
(05-11-2011, 07:51 PM)FORGERON Wrote:  Thanks to Ron for his note about the Haynes Manual No 4281. I already have this book which covers the Berlingo from 1996 to 2005 - ie not late enough for me. I would expect a later book to have a differrent number; perhaps you can put me right. Thanks.
Dave

The 'new' 4281 has been updated to include the 1.6HDi:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store...&langId=-1

:thumbsup:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Confusedillyme:Thanks OJ,I was a bit vague on that,the new 4281 covers '96-2010 ( P to '60 reg) but not1.8(1761cc) petrol engines.