Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.28 Average
[Filters & Oil] Replacing B9 MK3 Berlingo Pollen Filter
Having been told by my local dealer reception engineer that my pollen filter on my B9 Citroen Berlingo Multispace HDI 90 VTR is accessable from below the steering column and the filter is situated in the vicinity off the heater assy but having removed the covers etc still no sign of the pollen filter has anybody who is the owner of a MK3 Citroen Berlingo undertaken the job of replacing the pollen filter on their Berlingo the engineer did say it can be a tricky job, please only replies from MK3 owners please as I had a lot of replies on Sat evening from MK2 owners whose cars are different many thanks
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to caravancrazy for this post:
  • cambrian
Having worked in the motor trade, I would hardly call the person at "Front of House" a "Local Dealer Reception Engineer"..... Most of them are useless tossers who have not got an F****g clue so don't take their word for granted....
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
On the first thread you started on this subject I posted that if you PM me your e-mail address I will gladly send you an mht file of the shop manual on how to replace the pollen and activated charcoal filters.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[quote='3rensho' pid='15574' dateline='1327344137']
On the first thread you started on this subject I posted that if you PM me your e-mail address I will gladly send you an mht file of the shop manual on how to replace the pollen and activated charcoal filters.
sorry for not getting back to you my e mail address is =
caravancrazy@live.co.uk I await to receive your e mail + file many thanks[/b][/font][/size]
OK, file sent. Lemme know if you get it.

(24-01-2012, 06:02 AM)3rensho Wrote:  OK, file sent. Lemme know if you get it.

For those of us that have been following this thread can you tell us where the filter is located please?

(24-01-2012, 09:42 AM)Trevor Wrote:  
(24-01-2012, 06:02 AM)3rensho Wrote:  OK, file sent. Lemme know if you get it.

For those of us that have been following this thread can you tell us where the filter is located please?
Those Forum members who want to know please send me your e mail addresses so as I can forward you all the file only too glad to help as I was helped by a forum member

A member (pk7478) was kind enough to post download links for complete service manuals for various models. Here is his post for the B9 -

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=371

Just download, unzip and enjoy.

having eventually got round to replace the pollen filter after being sold the wrong filters(filter box contains 2 filters) to get at the pollen filter look under the steering column,remove panel by giving a sharp tug with one hand(held on with clips)once panel is removed proceed to remove panel in front off the pedals held in location by 3 plastic spuds,once panel is removed look into the area at back of heater assy look for black cover which can be pulled out, once removed you should see end on one of two pollen filters which have tabs for pulling out of area at rear of heater,the second half is then pulled up before being able to be pulled out quite difficult as room is limited in getting old filters out and the 2 new filters pushed into the location for holding them give yourself plenty of time to do the job best of luck
(25-01-2012, 07:00 AM)3rensho Wrote:  A member (pk7478) was kind enough to post download links for complete service manuals for various models. Here is his post for the B9 -

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=371

Many thanks for sending me the complete service manuals, I have been only been able to open the manuals soon after getting them from you the problem now is that the manuals wil not unzip, I do not know if it is a problem with the files or a problem with my laptop which is not allowing the files to unzip, could I ask you if you could resend them again to my e mail address caravancrazy@live.co.uk I would appreciate it very much as I would save them to a memory stick hopefully I will be able to access the manuals without any of the problems encounted at the moment many thanks for your help

Just thought I'd pass on my own experience of having the pollen filter changed as part of a service at a trusted independent garage.
When I had the car back I soon noticed that the heater temperature control dial was not turning around fully so it had to be booked in with them again for further investigation.
It became apparent that their fitter had been a bit heavy handed when fitting the new filter and had broken a part within the heater.
The car was with them for 2 days - they advised me they had to dismantle the dash to access and repair the heater. All this on a 2 year old car:brickwall: