Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Filters & Oil] fuel filter
Hi all
I am just getting into this looking after my 2011 belingo  I see that a fuel filter change may be a good idea when i change the air filter at the same time.  Is there anything I need to know that may not be obvious to me to do this  - is it a complete filter unit or just a filter inside like the oil filter. Do I need to relieve fuel pressure first etc ?  Or would I be better taking it in to a Citreon dealer ?  Thanks guys Smile
I take it you have a diesel?

Unless you have changed a diesel filter before and understand how to bleed them i would take it to a garage as some Berlingo's can be a nightmare to bleed to be honest, you are better off filling the filter with fresh diesel on the 1.6hdi but that is no guarantee it will start. A lot of garages use a suction device such as a sump pump i have used this method myself when they are being a pain!
I changed mine on 2010 model and it was fairly easy
Filled the filter with clean diesel before fitting it back, then about 6 pumps and away it went, but I have heard that the bleeding can be a bit of a pain for some people as @polar said

Here is a PDF document  from Citroen

.pdf   BERLINGO (B9) - B1HGL3P0 - Removing - refitting Fuel filter.pdf (Size: 912.36 KB / Downloads: 63)
I doubt on a 2011 that it needs changing unless you have done monster miles or have a problem.
Forgot to mention that if it is a diesel you've got, there are two filters available for your of lingo

The first one is the genuine Citroen part at £49+VAT

The second one is a Citroen approved Motaquip part that can be used on cars that are 4 years and older at £32+VAT if bought from a Citroen dealer

VFF476 can be bought though for about £15 online
(21-02-2015, 08:29 PM)Solent Wrote:  I doubt on a 2011 that it needs changing unless you have done monster miles or have a problem.

Thanks guys it has done 70000 miles so i think i will leave it for the experts at a citreon dealer another time, mean time i will change the oil and oil filter which is well within my capabilities!
I can only speak from a mk2 angle & the diesel fuel filter is replaced @ 36,000m.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
On the Mk3 1.6 HDi it's 50000 miles

If you didn't own the Lingo when it reached that mileage, it may have already been done, so you have another 30000 miles before it needs changing again
mine broke down twice with blocked fuel filter at 29,000 miles I now change it every 12.500 miles, and ive read a good few stories about filters blocking throwing up fault codes and causing poor running.
(22-02-2015, 03:53 PM)finny Wrote:  mine broke down twice with blocked fuel filter at 29,000 miles I now change it every 12.500 miles, and ive read a good few stories about filters blocking throwing up fault codes and causing poor running.

Sorry to hear about your problems

Mine went the full 50000 before I changed mine

I only changed it because it was the recommended mileage for the change