Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folding the back seats to a low position lock
Hi Guys,

My XTR is only a week old, and I've been told that the back seats can fold down to a locked position (where you actually need to use the little lever in order to open them up again).

Is it just me or is this difficult, I've outstretched the headrests, and I've been trying with the middle seat (with tray on back) and its just very bouncy when squeezing it down.

Should I just give it a bit more effort, does it reallly locak?

Any photos or videos of the procedure would be greatly received.

Cheesrs!
Colin.
I think it was a 18 month before I realised they locked & I'd folded & removed plenty of times Maybe a little more pressure required,
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
Ex 2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 115 owner
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to knackerdan for this post:
  • doch
If you are just folding the 'upright' section of the seat flat, then there is no catch or lock to hold them down

If however you want to fold them completely up against the front seats, then after folding the 'upright' section flat, you will then pull on the bar behind the seat to fold the 'seat' section forward. This should then lock in to position to stop them falling back - the only thing that can stop them locking in that position is if the front seats are slid too far back

To release the rear seats, there is a lever with an orange top that you need to pull on while pushing the rear seat slightly forward
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ntm1275 for this post:
  • doch
(17-03-2016, 05:09 PM)ntm1275 Wrote:  If you are just folding the 'upright' section of the seat flat, then there is no catch or lock to hold them down

In case I was imagining it I just popped out to double check. Mine definitely lock. Need a good leaning on to engage. Then you tilt, release & remove. make it far easier than handling them 'loose'. To release the lock use the tilt lever.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
  • doch
Just checked the handbook - doesn't mention the lock directly in the directions for folding the seat back down but does tell you that you have to release with the lever to fold it back.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
  • doch
Okay,

After the advice, a bit of finger crossing, and large positive push down on the seat backs (near the solid area at the top shoulder/headrest end), squashing them quite a bit, they definitely locked with a CLICK! And you can only unlock with the lever. They end up considerably more compact in this position, and I can imagine they are much easier to handle when removed in this condition.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers!
Colin.
I've just tried this with mine and lo and behold they do click and lock.
The only way it will lock though is if the headrest is pulled all the way up first.

Pulling the headrest up though stops the seat from being fully folded as the headrest hits the floor before it can lock.
For me it's more about ease of carrying them from car to house. Don't think the lock is necessary when folding forward.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB