Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Forum issues
Andre, Mike,

Can you please restore my previous account from a backup?? Mine seems to have been blown away by the miscreants who trashed the forum. I don't want to lose all of those posts.

Tom
its not only me then,as a newbie thought i was doing something wrong,i think these hackers need to grow up dont you. well done Mike good on you
Big Grin nice to be important,more important to be nice Wink
my ride is a  berlingo forte 1.9d 2003 model in pukey blue  Huh
So why now are we getting lots of spam/pointless messages every morning when I log on? Pages and pages of rubbish, I cannot see how the people who do it gain any benefit from it?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(13-12-2014, 08:46 AM)Trevor Wrote:  So why now are we getting lots of spam/pointless messages every morning when I log on? Pages and pages of rubbish, I cannot see how the people who do it gain any benefit from it?

I'm at a bit of a loss how to stop it, if I enable admin approval of users then I get loads of email from them.

I have enabled stopforumspam, but I think this was used before and no-one could register.
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
(13-12-2014, 08:46 AM)Trevor Wrote:  So why now are we getting lots of spam/pointless messages every morning when I log on? Pages and pages of rubbish, I cannot see how the people who do it gain any benefit fT
It's because they sit on their pc all day and have no social life and don't know how to mix with other people so they find a forum where people get on like to help each other with good advice and humour and they don't like it so instead of joining in they mess it up  they just copy what someone else as written and paste it sad but true one day they mite think about what they have done say to them self's what have i achieved in my life nothing and think about redeeming them self before they meet the redeemer ??
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Yes it's a funny old world when that's all some people can do.

Mike is it not worth not allowing people to post till they have been verified instead of this post one message then post all the rubbish you can??
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(14-12-2014, 09:37 PM)Trevor Wrote:  Yes it's a funny old world when that's all some people can do.

Mike is it not worth not allowing people to post till they have been verified instead of this post one message then post all the rubbish you can??

I've put a delay in between posts so that a certain time has to be between posts.

Trying to work out if I can put in another setting for new members so they can post a certain amount a day.
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
(13-12-2014, 03:37 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  
(13-12-2014, 08:46 AM)Trevor Wrote:  So why now are we getting lots of spam/pointless messages every morning when I log on? Pages and pages of rubbish, I cannot see how the people who do it gain any benefit fT
It's because they sit on their pc all day and have no social life and don't know how to mix with other people so they find a forum where people get on like to help each other with good advice and humour and they don't like it so instead of joining in they mess it up  they just copy what someone else as written and paste it sad but true one day they mite think about what they have done say to them self's what have i achieved in my life nothing and think about redeeming them self before they meet the redeemer ??

If they were to get Berlingos they would see life was worth living and repent.
I've just had a couple of days trying to read the forum as it had signed me in as someone whose account was banned. I got in eventually and tried to reset my password but it has been a bit strange as I was someone else when I got back to the forum so I couldn't do anything and my new password was wrong. I finally got recognised as myself and went through and reset my password to something I can easily remember instead of some jumble of letters and can post. I have to go and lie down now, it's been very trying.
So where does this bit go then ?
Yes, the forum still has a lot of problems after having been hacked. Same thing happens regularly to me too - telling me I am someone else or am banned. Andre is in the process of getting it sorted. Hopefully only a couple of more weeks.